Founding father

Originally Posted By: Todd Patrick
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just got off the phone with one of the founding fathers of the country, funny he thinks he’ll be running it from now until eternity.

Ok, Ok let me explain I'm in Mass. and in order to get my associates license I need to complete 125 fee paid inspections under the supervision of a licensed inspector. So I have been calling and emailing inspection companies.

So this gentleman who will remain nameless is nice enough to return my call, tells me that he has worked on the regulations committee and starts talking to me about ethics and liabilities, so I ask him if there is any way he can help me in acquiring my license or if he knows anyone who takes on new inspectors?

He says well yes I take on new inspectors the one thing that I ask of them is that they work for me forever. ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif) So I'm thinking sounds like a pack with the devil to me, and didn't they abolish slavery over a hundred years ago?

So I told him that there was no way that I would be willing to commit the rest of my life to any individual whom I have never met before.

So he says "well I wasn't offering anyway", so I start to get this warm fuzzy feeling coming over me, and I ask him how can he possibly justify that frame of thinking? He didn't have to. It's his business to be run the way he wants to and that my friends is the beauty of living in America.

So I posed one last question to him before I went and kicked my dog.
I asked him what would happen when all the old guys retired and there were no new guys to take their place because the old guys refused to train the new guys unless they signed a pack with the devil?

To this he amused himself by telling me that this would not happen because his company would persevere and be one of the only conglomerate companies left.

Not if I have anything to do with it!

Originally Posted By: tallen

We have the same company here. Funny aren’t’ they icon_lol.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: mcraig

This is the sad state of our business all over the country. Todd you are a interesting person I got to meet you some time and talk I like the way you look at things out here in Arizona and you can still laugh at it icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: Todd Patrick

I have since spoken with a couple of upstanding home inspectors who have offered to help me out.

So for all you new guys out there(like me), if you need supervised inspections to get your license. Whatever you do, do not be intimidated by the likes of these individuals, they will all be extinct in a few years anyway. icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

THE EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION:

By the President of the United States of America:

A PROCLAMATION Whereas on the 22nd day of September, A.D. 1862, a proclamation was issued by the President of the United States, containing, among other things, the following, to wit:

"That on the 1st day of January, A.D. 1863, all persons held as
slaves within any State or designated part of a State the people
whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States shall
be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the executive
government of the United States, including the military and naval
authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such
persons and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any
of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom."