Four point form

Mike,

Our company does care. We land more inspections because we do feel. Funny thing as you post this Pilar (my wife, inspector, and office manager) was leaving an insurance agent who is as of last week refering us and only us. Why, well they were sending the big local inspection company (who I wont name) most of there inspections but their clients were not getting someone that cares and that personal touch.

Something to think about. Personally I like you but sometimes I dont think you can see the forest through the trees.

They are changing the requirement do to improper and incomplete inspections. I have seen so many where the client deserves their money back.

Simply Put Preston

There are three companies in the world

1. Companies that make things happen
  2. Companies that watch things happen
  3. Companies that wonder just what the hell happened.

#1 will always be on top and successful.

It is nice to get recommended by insurance companies but I will not cater to them. A lot of them recommend me based on my prices and timely delivery of reports. I provide the clients with great service and I care about them not the insurance company. The reason is simple. I care about my customers. The insurance companies are not my customers as they do not pay the bills. iF EVER AN INSURANCE COMPANY WOULD LIKE TO PAY ME DIRECTLY. damn cap button. I would be glad to do whatever they want as long as we come to a agreement on price. Most of my clients come to me because they do not trust the insurance companies or anyone they recommend.

I want to work smarter and by doing that I do not do things that are unnecessary and also cost my clients additional money.

Many will not speak out against the insurance companies because they care about repercussions. I do not. I do as accurate as a report as I can every time and always do my best at doing what I say when I say it. I cater to the clients. Many others try to cater to both. I also have no desire to change things and lead the way in how things are done. I wish to play by the rules and try to keep those rules so they benefit other inspectors and clients.

Thanx John…the one you gave me last year is starting to get corrupted.

I needed a new one…

Thank you Michelle

Tom, This form is for information purposes only. If you try and download it, it has our company info all over it… (which cannot be changed) It also says sample all over it.

We have never given away our fillable four point form. If you would like John to make you customized forms he does sell them. Send him a personal message.

THANKS.

Oh…Oh…I have some splaining to do!!!

Check your e-mail Mich

I did. and the form you sent me is ours with all of our licensing info and logos all over it. Please tell me you haven’t been using THAT one. :shock:

I am not sure you get it. The point is to do more so your clients deal with less. Its not catering to insurance companies, it is catering to your clients.

I can tell you that great prices and less information will loose you inspections. We get calls that they were looking on the web and were going to go with the cheap guy until they saw the difference between the cheap guy and us.

You have me quite confused.

Are you saying that your clients like very detailed 4 point inspections?

Like I have said all I have ever had requested is the year when something has been updated. That’s it nothing more, ever.

I personally think it sucks that they want us to guess that crap. Any ideas why they want us to put the year and not guess themselves?

We are inspectors, agents and underwriters are not. They have no idea what we look at most times.

Insurance companies underwriting guidelines are approved by the state. They can not cancel, disapprove or charge more because of something they do not like, that is not in their underwriting guidelines. You need to understand this first. Don’t believe me call the OIR.

You state you compete on price, that does say it all.

The only thing I compete by price is wind mits and roof certs.
My clients care about price on insurance inspections. They want a accurate or incorrect wind mit at great prices and they want a 4 point that does not end up costing them more money,
4 points $125 usually.
Home inspections are normally more than $100 more than most. I provide services to homeowners and currently are not in any insurance companies pockets.

I just had Tower Hill call and say they were cancelling all of the credits for a client because they did not like the picture of the nail spacing - said they could not make out that the ruler used was a six inch ruler. Where do they come off canceling all of the credits for one item that they disagree with. And FYI - they have been accepting that same picture / ruler for many months now.

Because people let them. I would tell your client to contact the oir and tell them they are filing a complaint. Where is the letter that said if they do not like it they have to pay for their own inspector. Does anyone still have it. Please send it to me as I lost my copy.

I only use a 6 inch ruler because I have to hold with one hand and photograph with the other. No reason in hell to carry a fu-king yard stick or clamps into an attic to prove anything to an idiot behind a desk. It should be what we write and the pictures should be for our own records.

Mike and others, you can thank me later for this. I was wandering around Lowes and near the T-squares, is a metal 36 inch ruler. Bright yellow and big numbers. You can hold it in one spot while taking the picture with your other hand. $3.95!

But be careful…

That sucks did you put a foot thru the ceiling?

I have been very very lucky so far.

No…two feet.:shock:
I didn’t realize it until I pulled myself back up into the attic, but, if I hadn’t caught myself, I would have landed, probably on the kitchen island…some 20 feet below. I have taken some hard hits before, but I don’t know if I could spring up from that one.:mrgreen:

It is the first time in 20 years that I have gone through a ceiling. The first one was much more entertaining!
Hidden sub damage in an attic. Heard a loud crunching sound then, I landed on the couch next to the Realtor. Boy was she surprised. It afforded me the opportunity to use one of my fathers favorite jokes: “What happened”? I don’t know…I just got here!

Mike what good is a 6" ruler, what do you do when the spacing is 12"? you are not taking a picture of two nails, its supposed to be a series of nails and how they are spaced.

Mike has his way of doing it. It is embarrassing.

Come on Sharding he doesn’t only carry 1- 6" ruller! LoL :mrgreen: