FP Panel/EC CABLE

Issues with EC cable, any suggestions?
Also, FP panel can’t find bonding strap? Also, what are the issues with these panels, are they not safe? And should they be replaced?

Gary,

Based on that SE cable I would say right away DEFER it to an Electrical Contractor.....and possibly could have saved alot of time since it has a FP panel to defer the entire electrical for an electrical contractor to take over and remove possible missed things.

On the Cable…most certainly needs replacement ASAP…on the FP panel…not un common to find no bonding on these old panels…in many case when i see this they actually did the bonding at the meter can…not to say this is done here…

Were you not able to find a solid ground # 4 going from this panel to a water pipe…

Now if you ever want to…SOME WILL CRINDGE…but I trust you…take a volt meter and put it on OHMS…or if it has a contin. feature…put one end into the mounting screw holes and the other touch the neutral bar and see if they RING out…

Ok…Ok…so someone will say probing in the panel is not allowed…sure it is not or does not need to…BUT if you really want to see if the neutral bar is bonded to the case…try it…

Now…if bonded to the enclosure…still does not mean their is a ground present…if you can’t see it in the panel…check at the meter base…if you can’t see it their…NOTE you cant see it…and defer…defer…defer…

Hope this helps

Paul, Also this panel is rated for 100amp. This is a split panel. The top half has 100 plus 50 for the bottom half. This is maxed out correct?

That’s irrelevant Gary.

I can’t offer anything else 'cuz I see no pictures. . .

Gary,

I have to agree in that if I were you I would defer and keep the expanded electrical comments from the client…not because you don’t know because you do…but because it raises additional liability.

As for the capacity of the panel, just being full never means it is at capacity…I most certainly can work ways around that little space issue.

In order to be able to tell someone a panel is at capacity they are going to have to physically do the MATH…calculate the loads and work of the SE profile to know what the draw is on this panel…so I would defer…heck I will come and check it out for ya…lol…want me to look at it when I am up their in 2 weeks…thehehe…

No actually…you could say because it is all filled and only a 100A panel that it would be in their best interest to consider a 200A upgrade in the future at which time will remove and replace the FP panel which has known issues that are documented.

Again…being MAXED out is a concept of doing the physical math and and figuring based on the loads present…not just from lack of space…however lack of space is also a issue…nothing a redesigned SUB PANEL…or as Gerry likes to call them…Distribution Panel can’t solve…

Hope this helps

Jeff, can you see the pic’s know?

Nope.

really…you cant see those…wait…didn’t you say jeff you were having issues seeing images on the boards a few weeks ago.

What can i do different Jeff?

I can’t see pictures that are “attached” in the body of the message using the “ATTACH” code. Only those that are inserted using the “Attachment Manager.”

I’ve asked Chris several times about this with no reply whatsoever, so I gave up.

I usually just skip the posts where pics are attached this way. . .

Don’t worry about it Gary, I’m sure Paul covered it.

ewww…thats not good…I like your comments on things and on images would possibly bring up some nice chats…

Are you sure you looked into your settings to see if you possibly blocked out attachments or anything in the settings…very strange…anyway I hope you eventually get it worked out…

CHRIS…WAKE UP…WAKE UP>>>>>>

It’s possible that it is in my settings, but I’m not willing to compromise my systems to view this board (there was never a problem with the previous board) and there are many issues with this new board that are no longer compatible with my system.

lol…I removed these links…lol…no need for them NOW…

Gary…just use the Go Advanced button and choose the manage attachments feature to upload images…then jeff can view them…:slight_smile:

Those I can see.

I can always see them when they are attached like this one. . .

HPIM6220.JPG

I get it now…As long as they are uploaded you can see them…Cool…Gary…you are just posting them wrong…thehehehhee…

But I do have to admit…I like seeing the large image of the item when you click on the picture…thehehe…makes it easier than the smaller images…

Update- Jeff’s does also…DANG…I give up…I will stick to Electrical Issues…leave the computer stuff alone…:wink:

Hey Jeff, I don’t recall ever seeing breakers that color. Are those things glowing???

Those are just some old Zinsco breakers. Nothing special :wink:

Never saw a Zinsco in Ohio–but a whole bunch of FPEs…

as I was replacing them!

Jeff, How do you attach thumbnails?

I can’t open Gary’s pictures either. It’s not just you, Jeff.