FPE Panel with a receptacle on panel

I was at an inspection and discovered this on a 100 amp FPE panel my training is telling me this is a defect but had approval from the local authority i have never seen anything like this before.

Be more specific as to placement. Post a pic.

1 Like

Yes, Steve, your post is hard to understand. A photo, etc., would help us to help you. :thinking: :+1: :sunglasses:

New pictures added

Personally, I may put tape wrapped around the receptacle screws before instilling it in the panel board. And a GFCI may be needed for enhanced safety. :smiley: :+1: :upside_down_face:

Otherwise the panel gets inspected just like any other panel. YMMV :upside_down_face:

Looks like a newer Federal Pioneer panel, I assume Canadian.
Is that receptacle cut-out factory installed?

It is a factory receptacle cut -out just never have seen this before.

That being said, the panel is manufactured to accept the recptacle, so it is allowed.

Why bother, everything else in there is exposed

1 Like

The receptacle is in an unusual position and I have a little OCD. YMMV :nerd_face: :smiley:

Certainly can’t hurt if it makes you feel better :wink:

[Found this to be interesting…US vs Canadian] or
Federal Pacific vs Federal Pioneer eh’ (https://inspectapedia.com/fpe/Federal_Pioneer_Electric_Panel.php)

Interestingly, even with the panel mounted receptacle, the Sparky still installed the required service receptacle outside the panel. Kinda tells me they weren’t sure either! :upside_down_face:

I would recommend wrapping it with teflon tape, insulating it with a covering of tin foil, and then mount a My Little Pony sticker on it just for fun.:innocent:

1 Like