Framing Passed but shouldn't have

So true.
I worked Alberta residential roofing and brick many tears ago.
I was surprised by your siding methods.
Thanks.

PS. Vinyl siding and sheer.
You guys get some pretty sheer winds down in the collies in Lethbridge if my memory suites me right.
Dam beer strike was on so my memory was intact. HA HA HA
Green ale. WOW!!

I did 27,000 thousands mile in the interior doing oil too.
One hell of a majestic Province.
I worked Cardston toi Rainbow Lake and all points in-between.
Did a touch of North Dakota’s and the Territories to the tree line.
Almost went to Africa that Suda Arabia with tampers but I like shooting holes in the muskeg myself…
Well so much for the memory’s.
Thanks mate.

Someone got a picture of proper blocking?

http://www.abag.ca.gov/bayarea/eqmaps/fixit/ch3/img053.GIF

Slide 53 of 67

**Notes: **
[ul]
[li]Locate Panel on the Center of Framing Member & Blocking[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]We have discussed framing and plywood sheathing quality.[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]Now let us discuss how the sheathing must be attached to the framing.[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]To perform the best, the panel edges should:[/li][LIST]
[li]Have a 1/8-inch spacing between panel edges and[/li][li]Be centered on all framing members[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[ul]
[li]If panels are not properly spaced:[/li][LIST]
[li]Expansion and contraction from moisture and temperature changes will cause buckling.[/li][li]Buckling reduces shear wall performance and can damage wall finishes.[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[ul]
[li]Fastener edge distance:[/li][LIST]
[li]The greater the fastener edge distances in the lumber and sheathing, the better the shear wall will perform.[/li][li]Fasteners installed too close to the edge of the sheathing, blocking or framing member have no value.[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[ul]
[li]Do I need to install the sheathing perpendicular to the framing members?[/li][LIST]
[li]Unlike unblocked floor and roof diaphragms, shear wall strength values in the UBC do not change with orientation of the panel.[/li][li]The figure shows that either vertical or horizontal placement of the individual panel is acceptable.[/li][li]Most panels are installed vertically to avoid the added expense of blocking. Straight up and down means less blocking will be required.[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]
[ul]
[li]Can I place the sheathing on the inside of the wall?[/li][LIST]
[li]Sheathing for shear walls may be placed on either the interior or exterior face of the wall framing.[/li][li]Wood structural panel sheathing is usually placed on the exterior for new construction and the interior for retrofit work.[/li][li]For new construction, work of other trades, like insulation and electrical is generally easier when the interior is accessible.[/li][li]For retrofit work, the interior wall surfaces are usually cheaper to replace.[/li][li]The shear wall will have the same strength with the sheathing on either side of the wall.[/li][/ul]
[li]http://www.abag.ca.gov/bayarea/eqmaps/fixit/ch3/sld053.htm[/li][/LIST]:)

The ends of structural wood panels must be restrained per the manufactures specifications, and in my area per the I.B.C.
**Panel Joints **All vertical joints of panel sheathing shall occur over, and be fastened to, common studs. Horizontal joints in braced wall panels shall occur over blocking of minimum of 1-1/2 inch thickness

Thanks guys.