Free "Advanced Inspection Tips" Guidebook

We want you in the next “Advanced Inspection Tips” guidebook.

This guidebook is under development.

Once completed, it will be FREE to all inspectors.

Share your best 2 or 3 inspection tips or techniques. Full credit will be given for those tips that appear in the guidebook.

Here's an example:  
           *For  inspecting stucco or EIFS:  If you  can not easily access, reach, or  you can't see the bottom of the wall  and the weep screed, then the  installer of the stucco probably had a  difficult time down there as  well.  If it's difficult to reach, then  there may be a problem there.   Use kneepads when inspecting the stucco  at ground level.  Use mirror  with an extension arm to check the bottom  wall termination for the  proper installation of weep screeds. *

Send your tips/techniques to ben@internachi.org.

4 Steps to Marketing Success in 23 Minutes
Written for inspectors. Authored by Ben Gromicko.
*7,200 words, 25 pages, 23 minutes long

*[Free PDF download](http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=94zrcxcab&et=1103824082956&s=0&e=001b8znmk1LCa7a5TD9ECnuKbb7jHVzFwLYiFcit15ppXo31lNzOcrTbxYm4ckfb_xLV5YZ5VYi9ET2VLqkvRPSkyrDAA4j74gDlW9i1OvnX7g8A3JREDT0q69HSkDkvkTwtNtv-Bt9rvyCKP1qB0JrpsG6ESHnc5ig4loO3xVT1g7tnD8p2NADYw==)

Why should we give up our secrets to every other inspector?

Ah, don’t you want help out a newbie? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ben has done thousands of inspections. He should have his own lists. Why is he soliciting us? There are enough newbies out there, taking the business of us veterans. Taking all of the InterNACHI tests and watching NACHI TV should be enough for the newbies. They can figure everything else on their own, or on this message board. Revenue should be made on Ben and Nick’s behalf just by selling the narrative CD’s and having the inspectors read every narrative.

Once upon a time we where all newbies :neutral:

Just as iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

From a quick estimate, we’ve received close to **400 inspection tips. **
We’ll start compiling the Guidebook next week.
We’ll make it available as a free download soon after.

Just an amazing sharing by hundreds of InterNACHI inspectors so far!

Don’t stop! Keep them coming, all.

With all the inspection tips out there the most important is to actually care about your client and find out what their expectations are.
It will not change what you report but it will change how your information is perceived along with your self.

Learn the above if you wish to stay in business.

No email, but you can use that if you wish Ben.

Gary:

Remember my old phrase about this place, the biggest diploma mill*…

Brothers helping brothers compete against brothers!!

*There’s one little town (population: 15,000) in New Brunswick that has 3 INACHI inspectors plus 3 franchises and an engineer offering home inspection…wouldn’t want to be trying to make a living there!!!

OH!!! that’s right…so silly of me…anyone can be a home inspector…there are no regulations or training requirements here in the Maritimes.

Brian,Brian,Brian,tsk,tsk,tsk.
Change with the times man.
Now that so many states are Licensing the association certification is good for logo use and little more.
Education is where it is at my friend.

Now start again where the NACHI is inferior to ASHI in that respect.:mrgreen:
No slight intended but the rest are just minor players.

It is not all education. I have an ex-brother-in-law with a BS and a masters of business. He called me one day to ask where to put gas in his car.

All of the education does no good unless you can apply it, and have experience to do so. Some people are just not cut-out to be certain people. You have to be a certain person to become a home inspector. All of the marketing and education you can muster will never make you a good inspector. Only experience can do that. Reading all of the inspection tips you can acquire will not make you a good inspector. You have to have knowledge of the product you are looking at, how to fix it, how to install it, how to write it, how to explain it, what taxes to pay, how to pay business bills, set up, run, maintain a web site, manage a business checking account, know how to market your business, have the right insurance, understand state, local, association rules, regulations, SOP’s COE’s, etc. etc. etc. That, you can write a book about.

Agreed.
But again… we’re asking for only inspection tips and techniques.

For example… Inspection Tips by Joe Farsetta