Free filter for every NACHI member's client. Want them? YES or NO????

Those same clients make omelets with food that came out of a birds butt and pay hundreds for things that come out of fish butts, you need to do like RR says and offer choices, maybe Listerine, Lysol, Surgical gloves, and just give the poor unsanitary majority of the population the free air filters. :roll:

Can you do this for Canada? This would have to be from a Canadian supplier, not a stinken Yankee supplier!.. (HAH… I can say this, I am american)
Without paying duty?
I see everyone saying…I get a free filter!!! and pay $20 duty… hooray!!!

Absolutely Nick, and thank you ahead of time.

What if it came with a free service as well… NACHI would email them every 3 months and tell them it is time to change their filter. We’d also remind them of their filter size (if you give it to us) and remind them to contact you if they need a home inspector.

Basically, I’m trying to create a system whereby we offer value to your clients at no cost or trouble to you the inspector… while at the same time keeping the consumer warm should they need your services again.

Anyway… something I’m working on. I’m going to tie it to www.nachi.org/survey.htm

If I can get them in canada I would have no problem with handing them out

Fortunately for me I live and work in an area where the majority is not unsanitary and certainly not poor. These folks call an HVAC Contractor just to change the filters.

Feel free to request my allotment of $2 air filters… Do they come with free annoying phone calls from several of the NACHI vendors?:wink:

Well I can put the filter size on the card and give it to my customer. They can mail it if they like or not. Some people like to get things in the mail. it would be there choice. No harm No foul I may even staple my business card to it. I go through at least 5 business cards a day even when im not working.

No on the filter, like someone mentioned earlier, free is very nice but it seems the filter is on the low-end, even for myself I use the highest merv rated disposable type filters I can buy, higher merv = more efficient… traps the cruds and lets me breathe cleaner air. I never recommend using the low-end 30 day type filter.

Now if you could work something out on lets say a smoke or carbon monoxide tester…:smiley:

Ray Thoroman
Superior Home Inspections
Atlanta, Georgia
www.choosesupeiorinspection.com

Legally I cannot hand out the Clients personal data and I am not going to ask them
for it. If someone said they wanted to give out my email so I could get some free
stuff, I would tell them NO. Most people are tired of all the free stuff that
comes with extra spam in their email box.

Now if you put it out there as part of the coupons offered on FetchReport.com,
then they could voluntarily opt into the system for the freebies. If they want
to do that, that is fine with me and I have not broken any Texas laws set down
by TREC.

Yes, where do we sign up.

Sounds like a plan NICK.

Sure, Thank You

That would be great as long as these reminders are co-branded with NACHI and inspector along with contact info.

A lot of inspectors that are very independent like to keep an element of control over stuff that goes to their clients. A good personalization system would go along way to have those inspectors take advantage of it.

Did this ever materialize? Or did I miss it? I would LOVE to offer this service…

I will take a pack off your hands.

I haven’t heard anything yet. I guess this potential benefit never got off the ground.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19390&highlight=furnace+filter

Survey Then suggested NO.

Is it a NACHI spam filter per chance?

COUNT ME IN, CLIENTS ARE HAPPY WITH ANYTHING THAT IS FREE. tHIS IS A VERY GOOD PROMOTION TO HEALTHIER AIR.

Wondering what ever transpired with this?