From Wayne

New Sheriff in Town name Reggie Hammond…Ya’ll be cool…

Here’s another thought for consideration; perhaps the perception of unwilling to listen is simply that they dont like or agree with the message. Intolerance may simply be disagreement with a position. just sayin… for consideration.

The message is OK and always has been. Inspectors don’t want to do for themselves, they expect it to magically happen. They want to do nothing and wonder why they are getting squeezed out of their own profession.

Hiring ANY lobbyist seems to fail. We have to chase them and apparently keep asking them questions instead of them keeping us informed.

Spending $.02 on any of them is a waste of money. NOTHING happens except they notify you that you just got screwed. Better off becoming a contractor at least they got their crap together and fight for their profession, we just watch ours get washed down the drain.

My dog ate my notes… Does anyone remember which side I was on? :oops:

Your on the side of total Kaos if I remember right

In that case… Steady as she goes. :wink:

What most don’t realize is that the home inspection industry is completely different now. The good ole boys don’t want to accept that. It is a profession and a real business now, some cant act like professionals.

I rest my case, like money down a rats hole. :stuck_out_tongue:

True, but if they won’t even listen to opposing view points, you loose before you start.

The funniest part was when they blamed me for your list of things we should be addressing. They are so blinded by their hatred and distrust that it is humorous. Even mere suggestions, when there is no conversation, brings bitterness and childish name calling. In other words, they lack any real professionalism.

The steps to elevate the profession to professionalism beyond that of a drunk painter will take years. When all of the “I got a flashlight and ladder” Ford Taurus driving inspectors get run out and the chest pounding, Polaroid, form using crotchety, complaining, conspiracy theorist, old guys retire, then we will have a chance to move the profession forward. It will not happen a day before. Until that day, the contractors, Realtors and insurance companies will have free rein on our profession to take all of the shots they want.

Best of luck to you all.

Are you talking about me again?

All good points. So, it would appear that there is intolerance on both- or - all sides. It would appear also that all sides will not listen to each other. You continue to validate my concerns (you can call it paranoid) for the formation of a home inspector board- especially if the board is made of those currently in charge of the “council”. As the council is held out to DBPR and the world as the “voice” and leaders of our profession, I naturally am concerned for our profession. Clearly, we would not want an intolerant board or a board with members who have a personal agenda or hatred towards other inspectors.

Unfortunately, working individually behind the scenes will likely have limited success to further our professional inspector agenda. Until we (that includes are dear leaders- or at least those presenting themselves as our leaders) can rise above the personal attacks and agendas and band together for the betterment of our profession, I am afraid you are correct that we will likely be run over by the other special interests seeking to control our profession.

In spite of that, I will continue to pursue my interests and agenda that I believe are best for my chosen profession and for my business.

Things sure would have been a whole lot better without this licensing crap the majority voted for.

THANK YOU to Aubrey for you $100.00 donation to Legislative Funds. :slight_smile:

I thought you guys were not taking part any more?

**We Florida Home and Insurance Inspectors of InterNachi will not continue with the Florida Home Inspector Council at this time. Raising money is always an issue, most of which is done by a few board members. The council can not seem to appreciate the many views of the many Florida Home Inspectors and work together for common goals. Finally, no goals have been met over the last couple of years and we feel that unless there are changes we will be in the same situation. We will work on efforts as we see fit separately.

John Shishilla
President FLHII InterNachi**

We will continue to work on legislative affairs, just not with the council.

Or we can work on requiring contractors to Prove they actually have built a building, including photographs.:twisted::p:mrgreen:

Sounds good either way. I love Photos :slight_smile: I thought there was a difference just did not know what it was due to your statement in my post in red.

I am quite sure Michelle would NOT accept then thank someone for something differently than it was intended for. I was just was wondering what you all were going to do? Start you own thing or what?

I do not care as my interests conflict with those of the old org or I should say the one Wayne represented.

Sounds even better then there will be even less with the license. :smiley: