Front door glazing?

I think it is important to point out for people reading this thread and the original post. The reason why someone might mark A3 is because the shutters are attached to the structure and the glazing is covered while the opening(door) is not. Had the shutter been attached to the door or door frame, most would agree to mark X.

On the opposite side this is a glazed opening(most would agree there)but it is not fully covered.

IT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING… WHAT ANY OF THEM THINK OR WHAT CITIZENS THINK! THEY CAN GIVE WHATEVER DISCOUNTS THEY WANT FOR ANYTHING.

You are signing your name to what you mark on the form. Mark something you know is not correct and you are GUILTY of fraud…THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAW.

DO NOT BE A FOOL. If they accept it let them make the decision. Do NOT BE Their SCAPEGOAT or fool.

Agreed, all shutter systems must me attached to the wall and not the unit frame.

You can do what you want Mike. It’s not fraud if the carrier allows a particular scenario, and you are not trying to hide a deficiency in the installation technique.

Agreed.

Bert

***PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE THUMBNAIL BELOW TO FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION…***BEFORE COMMENTING.

What the carrier allows or not DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Your responsibility is to answer the questions as they are asked. You job is not to interpret anything. I am not trying to offend but what does not make sense about what I am saying.

If you do something that is not a direct answer to the direct question on the form in order to gain your clients a discount YOU ARE GUILTY of fraud.

The insurance companies opinions do not change what is written on the signature line of the form.

If you do anything other than what I have stated you are looking for trouble.

Please answer this honestly.

What difference does it make who the form is going to?

Why do you care what they accept or think?

If they accept or think something the solution is very very simple. Mark IT AS IT IS. THEN DESCRIBE the situation. IF YOU ARE CORRECT the client will get the discount.

If you are not correct then they will not and the agent or whoever told you what is acceptable is using you as a scapegoat. ***TO MAKE THE SALE ***It really is as simple as that.

Please explain how I can possibly be wrong. Below is a clip. Anyone who tells you that their company accepts something you just have to write it IS HANGING YOU OUT TO DRY. If their company accepts it and you state it then they will accept it.

My goal is not to discredit you or to make you appear wrong or to be right myself.

I believe it could not possibly be any simpler than I am explaining it.

I welcome anyone opinion on the matter and will listen with an open mind but I urge you all to PLEASE use common sense and read what you sign and think about my explanation and I cannot see how anyone can come to any other decision. Some of you will go down with the ship just not to openly change your mind but I will NEVER EVER understand your type. Do not do as others say just because they say. Think about each decision you make and use you own mind.

See Mike that’s where you muck up. You stopped reading to soon. It says will be directly liable for the misconduct of the employee(s)

Ok…What do you think that means if you are the one doing it? REALLY?

And does that matter? You looking for a way out or to do it as it is intended to be done?

In my opinion, it counts as an unprotected glazed opening. Covering part of it does not change that. Would you accept it, if we were talking about a garage door that had a panel mounted horizontally, to cover a row of glazed panels? (attached to the structure, not the door).
But the truth is, even if you mark it as A.3. it is never going to be counted as fraud. Fraud is not down to interpretation of a particular issue. It is the deliberate misrepresentation of the facts. Such as stating that a house has full impact protection when none is present.

If one marked all glazed openings protected and that door was not then it is a lie :slight_smile: [size=]I KNOW[/size] no one will ever get prosecuted but I act as if they or I would when I conduct my inspections.

Does A2 get a discount…

Part of this thread is actually a moot point. By checking box on or two under questions #1 all inspectors may have committed fraud. Case in point. I just did a 2012 house. The condenser unit was not installed level, or with proper ventilation clearance. Yet if asked to do a wind mitigation, how many inspectors would check number one. In reality you just committed fraud because you know that the home was not built to the Florida Building code. How many other houses have an item not built to code. Just something to chew on.

Not if you only did a wind mit.

I think they mean that was the plan. We I believe are stating that the code that it should be built to is the 2001 or newer code or the 94 or newer in the SFBC. I do not believe anyone thinks we are stating that the home IS BUILT to that code without a doubt only that is is supposed to be.

Again just my interpretation.

That is a ridiculous way to interpret Q1 on a 1802 form.

[QUOTE=sharding;1174504}

But the truth is, even if you mark it as A.3. it is never going to be counted as fraud. Fraud is not down to interpretation of a particular issue. It is the deliberate misrepresentation of the facts. Such as stating that a house has full impact protection when none is present.[/QUOTE]

This I agree with. The intent to commit fraud would need to be proven. Or as you have mentioned above when its something that’s outright obvious. The so called grey areas are much harder to associate with deliberate maliciousness or fraud.

Bert