Frre marketing teleclass on web

Originally Posted By: Mike Crow
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

We had lots of fun with the live marketing teleclass. Several have asked if we could do another. Right now we are working hard on the 3-Days of Secrets Revealed and don’t have time to do another live one.

However my web person has set up a recording of one of the last classes that we did and you can go listen and learn some marketing tips that direction.

Seven strategies on marketing and five exercises on how to use the information. Thanks for checking us out. Hope this helps.

www.mikecrow.com

--
"Helping People Help Themselves"
Mike Crow,
Millionaire Inspector Community

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike,

I have another question for you. I believe you have shown the many here that you are successful in the home inspection arena. Most inspectors have a tendency to think that their associaton is not only going to make them a better inspector but also a better business person. Can you shed some light on this subject?

This is not a loaded question, I just want every inspector here to know what is going to be the deciding factors when it comes to being successful in this business.

Thanks again.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Al Roden

I’ve got a natural tendency to distrust anybody trying to fish that much money out of my pocket all at once.

The free 'tele-seminar' had a few motivational characteristics that appeared to be pulled straight out of various self-help books - which is fine, but you can buy ALLOT of self-help books for the price of admission to 'the millionaire inspectors club'.

And there's wasn't enough biographical information about what Crow has done - except that he was part of a 15 inspector father and son inspection company in Dallas that sold out to U.S. Inspect. Based on that description, I couldn't really tell who exactly was the brains behind the operation - the father or the son. Not that the son wouldn't have allot to teach - but I want the truth, whatever it is, and if it was dad that was the brains, then I want to hear from Mike, and would probably pay to hear, what dad taught is son.

He also said that he went to work for U.S. Inspect after he sold his company to them and quit to pursue this endeavor after 3 years with them. During the teleconference, he alluded to one member who knew a big shot at U.S. Inspect, that there was a story to tell and that he would have to talk with him later - what's the story? Was Crow fired? Was he miserable there? Why EXACTLY was he miserable? Since he's using this as part of his sales pitch and he did allude to something more than what's on the surface, I'd like to know the REAL and FULL story.

He also mentioned his affiliation with a guy named Joe Polish - the self-proclaimed carpet cleaning guru. A few years ago, a woman named R.D. Skinner was doing the same thing in the pest control industry as Crow is doing here in the inspection industry - and she was a disciple of Polish as it looks like now Crow is. The stuff she was touting was crude, simple and just didn't work. She doesn't appear to be doing it any longer - but she did manage to land a husband who owned a small pest control company.

I'm just wondering if Joe Polish suckered Mike out of allot of money with dreams of becoming a nationally recognized motivational speaker or something? Not that Mike may not accomplish everything his heart desires - he may, but I personally don't thing his connection with Polish is the ticket. It may, if that's what is actually going on, turn out to be a terrific learning lesson for him and a stepping stone to greater things. Hopefully it won't include marrying an inspector - since he's already married.

Anyway, other classes that cost about the same, like the new construction class at inspectiondepot.com, at least give you a course outline that shows you EXACTLY the material or subject you'll be covering and gives the times that they'll be covering it.

So personally, I'd need more facts and background info to lob over that much money for a motivational seminar. The old and wore out phrase Mike gave during the 'tele-seminar', "If you think you can't afford to attend this conference, that means you REALLY can't afford to MISS this conference" is straight out of late-night get-rich-quick info-commercials that are after desperate people who can't sleep at night.

But don't get me wrong, I don't know Mike - and that's the problem I have with dishing out a grand or so for what looks like a pep talk and some form letters.

I hope I didn't offend Mike because that was not my intention. My intention was to inspire Mike to prove me wrong and sell me - I want to be sold but not suckered.

Answers:

I know that not EVERYONE knows who I am. That will change over time.

Al, I don't blame you for your doubts. I have doubts about how some people run their business as well.

A couple of thoughts.

1) Yes I know Joe and I study him. He did not sell me on being a "guru". You are right that the lady doing the pest control failed as best as I can tell. Even with that I ran a pest control company and I adapted some of his information and it works quite well.

The adaptation is the difficult part. I study marketing gurus all across the country some better than others and then I take their ideas and tested them in my companies. The ones that worked I kept, the ones that didn't I wrote off. Testing is the only way to truly know.

My dad is a great man and taught me a lot. I want to make sure I give him his credit. In fact he is planning on speaking on one small section at the 3-Days of Secrets Revealed. The most important thing my Dad gave me and continues to give me is inspiration and his unwavering support. I would not be the man I am today without him. Having said that I stand on my own with what I have done. On top of that I have an incredible team most of which will be with me at the 3-Days and they even help me take my ideas to the next level. But running the business and giving it the direction is what I do.

Please feel free to look at the testimonials I received and these are all within the last six months. They are on the web site at www.mikecrow.com under
DON'T ASK US...
hear for yourself
on the left hand menu along the bottom.

As for background this is on my website as well under instructors.

I understand your nervousness and don't blame you. With my full money back guarantee with the extra 500 dollars on top of that for travel if I don't deliver what I say I will I think speaks volumes for itself.

That is on the website as well. However and I don't mean this to hurt but in life we can always find reasons to do or not do what we need to do.

Two last thoughts for Al. Part of me wishes U.S.Inspect had fired me. One of the scariest things that I have done now three times in my life is walk away from something that was highly successful to start something that I thought would be even better. Bottom line is I resigned. Having said that I want to mention that U.S.Inspect is a company full of great people and I was proud to work side by side with them.
Secondly, inspectiondepot.com is putting on a great course as well and Mike Rowan the owner is a personal friend of mine. I had no idea that Mike was scheduling his class at the same time as mine and vs. versa or we both would have adjusted somehow. With over 100 people currently scheduled to attend our class and with those that are attending his it simply is unfortunate that they can't come to both. You of course need to decide what you need in your business at this time. To expand your inspection services or to go after more business. Both have their place and time.

Al, hope this helps a little. Thanks for the inspiration.

--
Mike Crow,

Joe,

I think that associations play a critical role in today's businesses. I owe a lot to the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI) and other associations for helping me grow.

They provide a place to share ideas and are especially important for newer inspectors to have a place to learn what the industry is all about and at what level they will have come up to in growing their business.

On top of that The first ASHI Conference I attended made me realize that this industry is for real and the information that I was able to obtain by them bringing that many vendors together and inspectors across the nation has been an immeasurable help to me.

Most of my closest friends in this industry have come because of the associations that I have at one time or another been apart of.

As a new inspector I have to admit for years I simply was able to sit back and learn and learn and learn. At every turn I was able to add some times huge chunks and at other times little pieces to my business that otherwise would have fallen apart.

It was mainly for this reason that once I had my business working at a certain level that I worked with TAREI as past local chairman for two years, served on the state board for 4 years and eventually served as President when the time came. I will always look back on those days with wonderment and excitement. The downside of course is the time that you have to put in to give back. It slowed down the growth of my business, but on the other hand I grew as a person. I understand this is one of the reasons that major associations now pay the board and officiers in many industries.

Bottom line: Build your business first and make sure it is solid and then give back to those that helped you get there. I am betting your association will be one of the major ones.

Joe, please let me know if this answered the question. If not please redirect it and I will try again.

--
Mike Crow,

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Mike,

You have answered my question, no doubt about it. I just wanted everyone here to know how much they decide to give their business is going to be the deciding factor on their success. On top of that you even threw in the compliment of providing to others that their success will also depend on how well they are networked, either by the association they join or the company of friends that they decide will offer them the best advice.

Like you said, it is a trial and error effort with many choices. Some of those choices will be good, some will be bad. It is up to the inspector to decide which will work for them and which won't. Get rid of the ones that don't and keep the ones that do. GOOD ADVICE! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

You sound like a good individual to keep company with, I hope all goes well for you. I am sure in the future I will find time to attend one of your seminars and we will get the chance to meet person to person.

Mike, being from the thirty something crowd, I have heard all kinds of sales pitches. I am impressed with your messages, your enthusiasm, your knowledge and your success. I am sure that anyone that attends your seminars will leave changed and changed for the better. I find that you offer phone support after the sale very encouraging for those that loose faith in themselves.

I don't think that most inspectors don't succeed because they are bad inspectors, most don't succeed because they give up too quickly thinking they are not good inspectors because they did not come out of the gate, performing 10 inspections a week.

Joe Myers

Joe,

Thanks for sharing and your kind words. We work hard every day to provide the support inspectors need to move their company to the next level.

You are right especially when you say that building a business takes time.

I look forward to getting to know you better in the future.

Thanks, again

--
Mike Crow,