Frustrated by dated content and bad format

Is anyone else frustrated by the dated content? I work for a videographer and these videos make me want to rip my eyes out. I just watched the Foundation and Egress videos and while very informational, I wanted to turn them off because they were so dated and poorly shot. If InterNACHI needs some help updating, I’m happy to help.

3 Likes

Are you afraid that it is keeping them from an Emmy?

6 Likes

No, I’m saying it’s poor content. This organization provides service to alot of people and I feel like they could deliver more quality and up to date content rather than videos that are approaching 2 decades

Can you post the link to the poor video?

5 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Joseph!..enjoy participating. :smiley:

2 Likes

absolutely, the camera work in this is the issue for me.

1 Like

What is wrong with the content of the video? Are they giving out false information?

2 Likes

Joseph, this is a home inspection forum but if you believe you can help with the videos contact Ben@InterNACHI.org and converse with him. :+1:

3 Likes

The content is great. I never questioned that. Its the quality of the video itself. Poor image quality, zero image stabilization, poor audio, and poor editing. You can tell the video is very old and editing software has come a long way. The information given is fantastic.

Yes you did.

3 Likes

Oh man, that was one of the better videos.
It was poorly edited, but an interesting case study.

However, your general point I agree with. Some of those videos are super dated and just counting time to watch.
The plumbing and HVAC courses were particularly hard to sit through, consisting of reams of information that was dated, opinionated in a bad way, regional but not for my region, and utterly irreverent to inspections.

4 Likes

Okay, I was addressing the video quality, not information. Is that so difficult to understand?

Maybe You should just not watch the videos…easy fix…You are welcome…

4 Likes

Youre acting like I insulted your mother. But if you recall, some videos you have to watch so thats not really in question. All im saying, is some new videos with a better camera might be helpful.

3 Likes

NACHI pulled in 16M in revenue this year, I think he may have a point. This video looks like a couple of college buddies and a phone (I especially like the nut scratch/adjustment in the beginning). Are we supposed to ignore this because they found a home with some good cracks?

11 Likes

It’s not about insulting someone’s mother. You came here pimping your services on an open message board. To me, it’s a non-issue as the quality of the video is fine for the purpose it serves. If you looked at the newer videos, quality improved.

2 Likes

Ben’s first home inspection video. May need updating…

14 Likes

I never pimped my services. I just said they could use an update and apparently that jammed your underwear into your lower intestine. If you dont see an issue with 20 yo videos then thats on you. But im sure reading this forum is easier than reading a telegraph, updates are a good thing.

That’s Buster not Ben!

6 Likes

The video was stable…The house, not so much. :grin:

4 Likes