Full membership status

Marcel, skip the full member status and go straight to CMI.:slight_smile:

Gregg, 300, give or take a few home inspections Paid as a sub contractor by the Building Inspector of America to ASHI standard. How is that not fee paid inspections by written standards???

ROTFLMAO

:smiley: or do what I did. Go straight to full of sh!t member status.

Certified John?:stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly. Ask anyone.

All I see required is 100 fee-based inspections to comply with the SOP. If you have evidence of such, forward it, and you are ok.

My point earlier (which was misconstrued a little, perhaps) was that - for the sake of PA members - nachi needs to maintain the requirement of a minimum of 100 fee based inspections to achieve “full Membership” (not able to be substituted with experience). This is how PA law is written.

As I read it (and I am not a lawyer), if they allowed exceptions or otherwise dropped that component, every single PA nachi member who is ONLY a nachi member would not be able to perform inspections.

So, while you are right that experience and other issues are excellent background and provide a great knopwledge base, the technicality may not allow for it to be accounted for with regard to full membership status.

I’m not an attorney either but I interpret what Joe just said as “if you]re not in Pa. why would you care if you’re a full member or not?”

Go straight to CMI. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.00.

Marcel

The standards are the standards and should be adhered to as far as full membership is concerned.

I will volunteer to help John B out here and review your reports if he wises and comment on their compliance with the standards and applicability to the home inspection industry if you wish.

As far as getting to 100 inspections this should take no longer than 6 months, although in today’s market, maybe a little longer.

Don’t get caught up in the report development business, it will only take you away from you ability to build and market your business. Ten years ago I could understand why many inspectors developed their own reports, but today, there are too many out there, that are already developed and with comment library’s from experienced professionals designed to keep you out of trouble.

Developing your own report is probably one of the biggest failure facture of most new home inspectors today.

As far as CMI, not sure if you meet the requirements without the full requirements of NACHI as far as full membership. Did not understand your qualifications and whether you were a civil engineer or a technical inspector for a civil engineering firm. The former would most definitely hold water as far as qualifying hours and experience for CMI.

Again focus on the parts of your business that needs development.

Good luck

Michael

Well said!

Except maybe…not only do you not collect $200, but you have to shell out $375 or whatever nick has decided the cost is this week (but it’s one time only ;-)! Oh and of course, nick doesn’t control the “independant” cmi board :D.

Better hurry the requirements may change again next week!

For husband and wife teams, do you count the inspections twice for each of you to become a full member? Or do you each do 100 seperate inspections and count those towards the full membership, ie;200 inspections?

Brian,

Didn’t you mean “certifiable”? :mrgreen:

Joe M is correct. The requirements to earn the CMI (Certified Master Inspector) professional designation have changed many times, but each of those changes has something in common: With each and every change to the requirements, the requirements increased (became harder and/or more strict). No change in CMI’s history ever resulted in a relaxing of requirements.

www.certifiedmasterinspector.org

Hi Nick,

I think originally they were talking about Full Membership in NACHI. But I could be wrong.

I think one house would count as one for the both of you. JMO.

Wendy, see Joe M’s post #29 and my response post #32.

If I am not mistaken…the CMI requirements have gotten harder with each revision of the requirements. As for the money…heck it is only money…can’t take it with ya…:slight_smile:

Well heck Paul if it is only money , set em up, CMI’s for everyone, Pauls Buyin.:slight_smile:

OMG… I knew the minute I posted that BRIAN would be all over it…lol…sorry…my wallet is empty…because it was only money and I had to go REAL bad so I wiped my A** with it…:slight_smile:

Man…the suffering of a Paper Cut…