Fund raising request

Hello all:

I have recently taken up the sport of bicycling. (at 60 yrs of age that is no mean feat)

The United Way is holding a bicycle ride to raise funds for their many worthwhile projects.

The ride is to take place on August 28, 2011 and I have committed to do the 100K ride. I set a modest $1,000.00 goal but I would dearly like to surpass that!

Any donations would be appreciated. Please go to www.ride4unitedway.com look through the site and make an online donation by selecting the link to sponsor a rider name: Doug Cossar

Thanks for all your help
Cheers

Bump!

Good for you Doug I wish you well ,
We already support the United Way ( A great charity ) and have done for many years .
Part of every one of our inspections goes to them .
Thanks for doing this and I wish you well .

UnitedWayLogo-Color(1).gif

Hey folks

$5. $10 $15 …$20 or more gets a tax receipt.

Anything at all to support the United Way!!!
www.ride4unitedway.com
Make any small or large donation on-line very quick and easy
click on the tab that says ligin/support a rider.

Thanks

Cheers

bump

Once upon a time, I used to donate money to United Way until I found out their CEO is one of the most overpaid in the Continent. This has been a fly in their ointment for some time. A huge salary, huge perks package and retirement package that would be the envy of the world. I hate to donate to a worthy cause only to find that much of the money taken in is used to provide an elaborate lifestyle for the officers.

http://www.ncrp.org/news-room/news-2008/140-united-way-ceo-ranks-1st-in-study-of-benefits

Many seem to feel that the top person should not get a top wage .
It is the end product that gives the facts .
If proper wages are not paid then the better people will stay in Private industry .