Funding of CAHPI in question

Just a small point of clarification - it my understanding that the CANUCK list is not “the unofficial Web Discussion board of OAHI”. It is privately owned and operated, and funded by many member home inspectors that have been invited from across Canada. I believe it was the brain child of Bill Mullen and John Lueck. John moved on after having a tough go at home inspection. There was a change from the original founders which now includes a few others. I believe it also has a few invited guests from outside. It was and still is a “Canadian” Home Inspector discussion area.

If anything, years ago, OAHI was greatly offended by such rebellious discussions taking place in such a media, and tried the damndest to close it down. Some even felt that it should perhaps take place of the CAHPI forum.

Perhaps there are times that such discussion do catch the attention of OAHI and CAHPI alike. Hopefully some can at least use it as place to test the waters on a slice of public opinion. Like many other discussion boards one has to be aware of the differences between fact from the fiction, and the reality from the rumour.

Claude
Given that this is the case why is by invitation only and not accessable by "Canadian " home inspectors.

Yeah you must mean how the BOD, including Bill Mullen, TWS, George Webb, and accessories conspired to pull posts off that forum which resulted in the collapse of a very effective discipline committee?
Yup thats quite a board. They have used that board to call esteemed members “child molestors”, threats, conduct unbecoming a member, yes that all there on the Canuckle forum alright! So much for one to defend himself too, they talk like a bunch of old women, deny one the right to defend themselves. Well I guess they like hiding behind the apron. Now the board is infested with RATS!

[quote=clawrenson]
Just a small point of clarification - it my understanding that the CANUCK list is not “the unofficial Web Discussion board of OAHI”. It is privately owned and operated, and funded by many member home inspectors that have been invited from across Canada. I believe it was the brain child of Bill Mullen and John Lueck. John moved on after having a tough go at home inspection.
quote]
Come on Claude why don’t you for once tell the truth " John moved on after having a tough go at home inspection. "and give the members the rest of the story. You Know John did OK at home inspections and did a fantastic job at teaching .
He was one of the better teachers and really was exceptionally talented in all phases of the Inspection industry.
All you do is try and evade giving out information and when others give out info you try and convince all that it is wrong .
Roy Cooke . RHI . CAHPI-ON

Roy, I too have a lot of respect for John, and the details being aired here is unnecessary. Certainly no disrepect was meant or intended by me towards a person considered my good friend.

Perhaps I should rephrase it to - he wanted a steady pay check! Simply so he could support his family. Certainly John was an outstanding inspector and instructor and OAHI Board member. But his market was a “tough go”, and he truly could not make enough to support the venture fulltime. He lived in a small marketplace about a few hours north of Barrie, and later move further east into a larger market area. Anyways, the sad truth he eventually seeked other employment. As he would say “nuff said”.

I heard as did you and others that Bill said he would be finished in a month or two.

BTW what is CFIHI?

To me John L was the greatest and when he was Badly Mistreated by OAHI it was the start of the slide of OAHI .
If John had been treated properly he, I expect would still be a OAHI member. He like me and many others got disappointed with the treatment that was and still is given to many OAHI members by those in power moved on.
I liked OAHI and would still be a member working to help all but like a % decided OAHI directors are not for the members and was told to look at NACHI.
Too Bad OAHIs loss was NACHIs gain.
NACHI is growing great In Canada Thanks To the many directors in OAHI not understanding proper procedures.
Stay tuned as Al Jolsen Said many years ago YOU AIN’T SEEN NOTHIN YET .
NACHI has so many great ideas comming it continues to pleasantly surprise me .

Roy Cooke RHI …CAHPI-ONT.

This is another HI who loved OAHI and worked his but of for the members and he too got treated very badly and moved on.
OAHI just does not understand they can not keep loosing the great members .
I can name many more who they have lost and I can name many more who they will loose.

[FONT=Arial][size=2]Having been in this game now for 30 years - I am certainly not in favour of any governmental interference how I can or should operate my business. But the writing seems to be on the wall that governmental regulation might eventually become the only solution to clean up the unsustainable mess in our Canadian Home Inspection Industry.
In spite of all the best efforts of a few dedicated colleagues - nothing of consequence has actually been materialized in decades. Here are some facts which support my critical opinion.
In Ontario - and in particular in Toronto - the number of home inspectors who are offering their services to the public has multiplied **hundredfold **in recent years. During the same period the number of *“Registered Home Inspectors” *has remained more or less stagnant because very few "Students" or *“Applicants” *ever manage to obtain their “*RHI Designation” - or have realized in time - that the hard to come by designation is of little or no value to make a living in this competitive business. The designation is actually a disadvantage when one has to uphold standards which unaffiliated “fast buck & low fee” competitors have not to obey to.
I predict that Ontario will certainly follow if the Governments of the western provinces are successful in their attempts to regulate the home inspection industry. However - there is still a silver lining on the horizon - because if the individual Governments are requesting that home inspectors have to carry E&O insurance - they also have to provide an insurer willing to underwrite the risk for a nominal fee.
I can hardly wait for the long awaited announcement at the next
*National Home Inspectors’ Conference **in Calgary - to learn about who in fact has passed the highly promoted **"***National Certification" *touted to be a requisite to become eventually a governmental regulate home inspector. Lets hope - for the sake of home inspectors in the greater Toronto area - that it does not only include the entire staff of Carson, Dunlop & Associates.
**RUDOLF REUSSE - [size=1]Home Inspector since[/size] 1976 **- **TORONTO

[/size][/FONT]

Gee Rudolf’s commentst have a familiar ring to them! :slight_smile:

[FONT=Arial][size=2]

No Kidding!
[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][size=2]

Seems to me OAHI has its fair share of [/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]*“fast buck & low fee” *inspectors just as any other association does. The sentence is pointless.

[/size][/FONT][FONT=Arial][size=2]

Do you think OAHI and CAHPI members have to obey? It only appears to be so on paper. They also report solely to themselves, no outside oversight. Common Rudolf don’t be so naive! Thats why licencing is needed. Geeeez.
[/size][/FONT]

Hey Ray! I got a phone call today while in somebody’s attic and I think I know who is behind the attack from OAHI. Keep in mind that this is third party, but the caller indicated that this person is the same one who tried to railroad me out of NACHI a few years ago. I can’t name him as I am not privy to first hand knowledge but by all accounts it is that same well known “personality”:shock:

C.F.I.H.I. - CANADIAN FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT HOME INSPECTORS. Sorry all, I thought that it was common knowledge!

George,

Yes I know who you mean. :wink:

How does one join CFIHI?

If I’m right, you don’t have much to worry about!:mrgreen:

Join C.F.I.H.I. ? Send us a note at the address below. All volunteer. No membership costs.

cfihi@domspec.net

( I lent the org. an email address as we are not big boys yet with our own web site. Probably this fall.)

APATHY NO way from me . I was always earlie for every OAHI meeting I went to and many many times it was more then One meeting a month .
I was on three different committees with OAHI and very seldom did I miss a meeting .
Unfortunately the OAHI BOD decided they did not want a Good DPPC so they removed us all the same as they did with the DPPC before us.
If the BOD had followed the rules I would more then Likely still been going to meeting helping and out where needed.
Roy Cooke … RHI… CAHPI-ON

Claude

Have you seen any Minutes of BOD meetings or the financial statements from OAHI-CAHPI for the third quarter and last quarter of 2005 and year end for 2005, and have you seen the first quarter and second quarter for this year 2006? If you have could you send me a copy of them, it would really put my mind at ease as it would many other members who tell me they haven’t seen any statements.

Thanks.

If I’m right, you don’t have much to worry about!:mrgreen:

Join C.F.I.H.I. ? Send us a note at the address below. All volunteer. No membership costs.

cfihi@domspec.net

( I lent the org. an email address as we are not big boys yet with our own web site. Probably this fall.)

Sign me up! I sent you an email. I need another association to put after my name along with OAHI-CAHPI, ASHI, NACHI, CFIHI.

Dear Mr. Wand;
The Canadian Federation Of Independent Home Inspectors Ethics Committee has noted that you have listed C.F.I.H.I. last in the list of organizations to which you belong in your last post to this message board.

Please be advised that this is a clear violation of rule number ( hang on - we are just writing up that rule so I will have to get back to you with the actual number). We trust that you will correct this very unfortunate transgression and save us having to send you an very strongly worded and officious letter.

Thank you in advance of your correction.
On behalf of the chairman of the Ethics Committee ( he is busy looking at member web sites to detct further violations)
:mrgreen:

( Seriously - Welcome aboard Ray!)

Ray - No I have not, but I have not been at the Winter workshop, and that is where such information would be issued to the attendees. I have not seen or received any financials in over the past year. Than again, not to defend them, but I know a number of non-profit orgs that do not release them at all.