furnace age?

On 8/13/09 6:05 AM, GM3212 wrote:
We have a Moncrief, Henry furnace that looks like a polished purple Packard, model L160000. The tag says it was made in Medina Ohio and it runs absolutely perfect, oil the motor, change the belt, wax the hood and fenders… I know it is not the most effiecient but it has NEVER let us down in over 35 years… can you tell me how old this behemoth is??
Thanks gary/joann

We had one similar and it was still running great when we sold the 1897 built home seven years ago. It needed the minor maintenance you mentioned and an occasional thermocouple. It was 55 to 60 percent efficient, as I recall, and was built in 1956.

MONCRIEF: Division of York International. Also, see Luxaire.

It sounds late 1950’s early 1960’s. Do you have a serial number?

My house was built in 1954 and it has the same furnace it runs like a champ and doesn’t even squeek. i just do the minimal general maintenance and the occasional therocouple replacement. The only issue is my Baso 850-I safty switch that refuse to stay reset and waking up in the middle of the night freezing clicking the thing 50 times trying to get it to reset. Does anyone know where I can get a new safty switch? I haven’t found one yet.

We have a Henry Furnace Company Commercial standard cs-195-57 furnace. Is the 57 stand for the year? Model # os-0114. Could you tell me how old this furnace is?
Joe