Gable/hip

Is there any gable in this picture for a wind mit?

the 2 side pieces that are not hip

Gable

Isn’t it called a half gable, or partial gable or some such thing. Either way, not full hip.

clipped gable

And that is ALL that matters :frowning:

Measure the entire horizontal distance across the clipped gable and subtract the middle horizontal segment ----- what your left with is the non hip distance to be applied to the overall 10% rule,

The best answer!

Okay, so if it is horizontal it is hip and if it has slope it is gable.

if it slopes to the wall then it is a hip, all else is non-hip.

Okay, thanks.

http://www.google.com/search?q=clipped+gable&client=ms-android-toshiba&biw=1280&bih=800&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=GxpeVMbrNcGyyATdqYGgDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Thanks Mike - a few pics. :slight_smile:

Sorry about that.

I couldn’t get the PDF to open on my tablet.

I wasn’t sure what you were trying to say until I opened it on my desktop.:mrgreen:

This gable running across the center counts as part of the roof line, correct?

Not as the perimeter, but other roof.

Click on the “?” icon over “roof shape”… https://quote.frontlineinsurance.com/florida/homeowners

This element describes the shape of your roof (porches and carports that are not structurally connected to the main roof system are not considered in the roof geometry determination). If more than 10% of the total building perimeter is other than a hip roof, or you are unsure, please select Other.
Hip Roof - A hip roof slants upward on all sides. You do not have a hip roof if any exterior wall extends above the attic floor. Note that a Dutch hip roof, as shown in the Other category below is not considered a hip roof for the purpose of Wind Mitigation Credits.
Other - All roof shapes other than hip fall into this category. Some common examples are shown below:

B___S___

No argument there…figure that one out.

This company is in direct conflict with the 1802, educators, and the building code…