Gas Water Heater Exhaust Vent

Install in accordance to the manufacturer. Usually within 18 inches of the water heater inlet and no valve between the expansion tank and the water heater.

2 Likes

Right, :laughing: I thought that’s what I was saying

Thanks Martin! That was my thinking the whole time.

“The expansion tank is designed to handle the thermal expansion of water as it heats up in the water heater , preventing excessive water pressure. If water pressure gets to high it can damage valves in plumbing fixtures, joints in supply pipes and the water heater itself.”

The first valve affected would be that saddle valve.

But the expansion tank is there to absorb expansion.
You don’t want a valve able to close to block flow to expansion tank

1 Like

Theory of physics brother…

Step back and think about it for a while. No disrespect.

I belong to the physics club, Well, in physics we… we talk about physics, properties of physics.

The valve in question is a isolation valve for the water heater. You can’t have an isolation valve between the water heater inlet and the expansion tank.

2 Likes

Are ya’all talking about the venting as the OP posted or the plumbing?

OPs not responding so the thread got hijacked.

I know, off topic. I’m out of here but would still call out the saddle valve, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ya"all are as messed up more than a flippin’ wooden watch… :sunglasses:
Talk about thread drift! Wow!

1 Like

These guys like their plumbing talk so I’m good.

1 Like

Here comes Scott

1 Like

We are learning from the thread drift. :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t know about everyone else but if you post “what’s wrong with this picture” your not putting in any effort. Hijacked thread coming your way.

2 Likes

Yep I thought everything goes

2 Likes

Worth repeating!

Is that what the OP was asking? I thought he was asking what’s wrong with this picture. I was going to recommend better lighting. Needs to work on composition. I’m just not feeling the subject matter.

I noticed people don’t read the subject. That’s where the question was :slight_smile:

The subject line isn’t a question☺️