Gatlinburg TN

When they wave at you from a passing car, don’t wave back or they may find you on the roadside dead (like that other guy I posted about)! :wink:

Not till you get used to the mountain roads and Park traffic anyway!

Glad your having a good time.

My favorite restaurant for a quiet evening with the wife (kids would kinda spoil this one) is The Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant. NOT the Applewood Farmhouse Grill up close to the main road but the old farmhouse further down the road and around the corner across from the creek.

Don’t confuse the two.

Open Every Day: 8am - 9pm
Apple Valley Road off U.S. 441 in Sevierville
865-428-1222

Go early. Get one of the booths with porch swings for seats.
Go for a walk along the creek if you have to wait or do it after supper.

First class service, good food, reasonable prices.

applefarmhouserestaurant.JPG

For an “off the beaten path” pub I like…
http://www.fox-and-parrot.com/

Their Mulligan stew is AWESOME!!! and well their beverages are pretty tasty too!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the tips. I’ve got a few days still and plan to get out for more food and ale starting again tomorrow.

I went over to Corky’s tonight for pulled pork, ribs, chicken, and sides. It was pretty good but not as good as Little River. I’d say Corky’s has decent BBQ for a chain but Little River was in my dreams last night.

I decided to head south today to NC for a visit to the Biltmore Estate. That place is amazing and HUGE. On the way there I made a wrong turn and ended up on some serious mountain road WAY up and so narrow there was no room for error. I think I aged a few years on that 40 minute detour. I don’t know how people could get used to driving right at the edge of a mountain with no guard rails.:shock:

Other than the white knuckled driving I think I could get used to this place.

And they have Guinness!! Looks like my spot for tomorrow, thanks!

I inspected the Biltmore a couple years ago!

Did they ever fix that cracking staircase? :wink:

I think I was on the same roads. I took a GPS shortcut! Oops!
Yea, we don’t do “Guard Rails” here!
I had to get used to that too.