GE Date

Originally Posted By: psmothers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

GE gas fired

M#BL0080e94

S#528102a16

1980 or 1994?

Thanks!

--
Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Peter,

I am thinking the e stands for May and 1994.

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member

My thinking as well. Thanks Jay!

Foxe Smothers

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: Gary Reecher

No not 94 its an 81. Third and fourth digit of serial number is year of manufacture. Trane purchased GE in 1982. Would definitely insist that an HVAC Company do an inspection as I find that these heat exchangers crack in several places. In the back where it tapers. In the front above the burners where the clamshells are welded to the burner box. The weld joints at the corners of the burner box. Welds visible only on the outside of the burner box behind the heat exchanger vestibule panel. And occasionally on the dimples in the top section of the heat exchanger and rust perforations through the top of the heat exchanger

Gary Reecher, CM

HVAC Service Technician

MechAcc's Carbon Monoxide Site Links

Thank You Gary! I just got off the phone with the agent and the buyer to let them know that I aged it wrong. Time to type up a quick woops I goofed letter.

Foxe Smothers

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: Kyle Kubs

Something that may help many of you to figure out the dates on a lot of equipment is the A.N.S.I. date, if there is one. More often than not there is an ansi date on heating and cooling equip. and on water heaters. ANSI is the organization that writes the standards the equipment must live up to. They modify these standards every five years…If the ansi date is 1980, that means the equip. you are looking at was manufactured between 1980 & 1985… So if you are not sure about what your getting from the serial #, cross check with the ansi. date.

Those that say it cannot be done should stop interupting those of us who are hard at work, doing it…