Georgia vetos House Bill 1217

Georgia Govenor vetos bill with the remark," I am aware that the private sector provides several, voluntary professional organizations that achieve the goals of legislation. It is my preference that the market – not the State – regulate as many of our industries as possible. Thus, in order to not supplant the good work of the free market with taxpayer funds, I VETO House Bill 1217." Well said Govenor. I for one agree.

WOW! Thanks Kerry!!!

I am torn. Honestly I don’t know if this is good or bad.:shock: I’m sure there are a lot of people out there that think it’s good.

</IMG>

Can you provide a link?

You guys are lucky.

This is fantastic.

Congratulations, Georgia.

There are many people who have been bombarding the Kansas Gov with emails and phone calls hopeful for the same result.

Sometimes you have to make your luck, like the good inspectors in Georgia have done.

You guys are lucky. Congrats. Now, if we can get the Kansas govenor to read what the Govenor of Georgia said. And he is right. There is no reason that some industries can govern themselves.

Congrats to the State of Georgia! Well done!

Scroll down to House bill 1217

http://www.insideradvantagegeorgia.com/restricted/2008/May%202008/5-14-08/Perdue_Vetoes51419648.php

Truly a great day for all freedom loving home inspectors who place liberty high up on their list of things worth fighting for. My thanks go out to all of those who worked to help this Governor to see the light and please remember to reelect this fine man. Bravo!

I have mostly moved away from performing home inspections because of this pending legislation being pushed so heavily by supposed Republicans and the overall lousy home market. I might reconsider if they don’t try to override the veto next session. I have enough licenses that I have to maintain without having another one added.

When I read Perdue’s reasons, it was like reading the email I sent him. It must be that most of the mail that he was receiving was pro-market place oriented. It didn’t hurt that many of the people supporting this bill also happened to run home inspection schools. No conflict of interest there, eh?

And at least one “voluntary professional organization” surpasses those goals: www.nachi.org/requirementcomparison.htm

One caveat. Don’t get lulled into believing the forces behind this will simply go away. We, too, had a Governor who believed exactly the same way and vetoed all such bills until his term limits expired and the new Governor couldn’t sign the new HI bill fast enough in spite of numerous appeals to do otherwise. It was political payback for his supporters and backers.

How horrible. All the wasted work the realestators and some unmentioned home inspection group put into trying to screw everybody else - and now its shot down this year. Just awful

It certainly brings a tear to *my *eye.:wink:

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/014.gif

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/143.gif

The historians among us were not surprised to see this bill fail, it ain’t the first time that the Devil went down to Georgia and came up on the short end of the stick. :wink:

:shock: :smiley: :smiley: My prayer was answered. I had given up hope, this is Fantastic News. Thank you Lord! :smiley: :smiley: :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D:D :shock: :smiley: :smiley: :o :o :shock: :cool: :smiley: :smiley: :shock: :eek: :eek: :eek: Awesome! Cool! Right Arm! Farmout!YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Just when I thought there was no hope for politicians. I repent, I will not speak bad about politicians for 30 minutes! Thanks Kerry