Georgia vetos House Bill 1217

Mine too JB, tears of joy. I see now that it really does help to write and call to voice your opposition to the powers that be. I am so glad I made the effort now, but, I must be honest, when I was writing, I thought it was just a waste of time and energy. Never give up. I have newfound hope today.

Nick, you never miss an opportunity to promote Nachi do you.

WOOT!! After going through the builder liscensing fiasco here and knowing it will do nothing to actually protect the consumer or improve building quality, I’m glad that at least one politician, at least for now, has enough insight to realize government interference isn’t the answer to everything.

Daylight has lit the skies at all points of the globe…the heavens have opened…and God, recognizable to all mankind, is descending a flight of golden stairs as he comes to give judgment to the Earth…

…meanwhile, from his laptop and occassionally glancing at the spectacle above him, Nick Gromicko sends the following…“Last chance to get your embroidered iNACHI workshirt.”

Too many Zig Ziglar CD’s! :slight_smile:
Just kidding, he’s runnin a business man, just like us.
Do you miss a chance to promote yourself?
Granted, we are already members…:wink:

I wasn’t being critical Andrew, it amazes me, he has gotten Nachi to the point where it sells itself, but he never lets up. Most people, myself included, would just sit back and count their money, but Nick, lives, eats and breathes Nachi, always promoting and adding to it. I honestly don’t see where he gets the time or energy to do so much.

NACHI began as a thought in the back of Nick’s mind.

To see it come to fruition…to exceed everyone’s expectations…then, to exceed your own expectations…then, to become the leader of an entire industry…must make this a labor of pride, love and extreme satisfaction.

With all of the irons that are still in the fire regarding NACHI and its sister companies, Nick must be constantly stepping out of one dream into another.

He is definitely into it.

Congratulations! Georgia

I spent many long hours on the telephone with the sponsors of GA Bill 1217. I also had previous clients contact the Governors office concerning the Bill. Although I think GA needs to license the Home Inspection Industry, GA Bill 1217 was overkill in many areas and underwritten in many more.

We all owe a deep debt to Representative Darryl Jordon. Thank for listening when to those of us in the industry. Words cannot express our heart felt gratitude.

To be honest it really does not matter to me. One downer would be the extra costs and paperwork involved.

It is like when they licensed certain contractors here, which will be in effect very soon. Now it’s just another added cost to operate the business.

But if they want us to jump through some hoops and stand on one foot in next year or 10 years from now, so be it. I will still find a way to be successful, make a nice living, and enjoy what I do… as much as possible :smiley:

I don’t like people who have no idea about inspections, telling me what I can or can’t do, and making insurance mandatory. Because when it is mandatory, insurance companies do not have to compete on price, they have you by the you know what’s! The market will protect the consumer much better than any government can. Let the government keep me free, and healthy. They cannot keep up with or do their jobs properly now. Why give them something else to mess up?

Uh, okay…?:roll:

Why? Your Governor doesn’t.

What is it you plan to do to your next client if someone doesn’t stop you? Why do you need to have a government official control your company and what it does?

He’s probably not too concerned with what he is going to do… it’s his competition that he’s worried about no doubt. :wink:

No doubt.

For proponents of licensing bills…without exception…licensing is something that is necessary in order to control “the other guy”.

It’s nice to know that 1 politician has a “set”. You’re right it does pay to annoy local reps. The less that the Federal or State Government knows about me and my company, the better off I am. I want them out of my life all together…Pray for “Fair Tax”.

[quote=charper]
It’s nice to know that 1 politician has a “set”. You’re right it does pay to annoy local reps. The less that the Federal or State Government knows about me and my company, the better off I am. I want them out of my life all together…**Pray for “Fair Tax”./**quote]Be careful, the Lord might be a Democrat!:wink:

Media is now beating drum for licensing in Georgia. “As it now stands, anyone who desires to become a home inspecor in our state can simply declare themselves to be a home inspector and do business.”

The link at the site you provided goes nowhere, here is the Times-Herald Article, following is my response.

Ain’t America grand anyone can become a home inspector, of course the author of the pro-licensing gibberish fails to recognize that “going into business” is no guarantee of success. Success, is predicated not on just having the attributes required for being a successful home inspector but to also convince the buying public that choosing this particular inspector is the best value.

The author would like to take the choice away from the homebuyer and short circuit the basic principals of capitalism by setting up an arbitrary set of rules that prove nothing but which makes all inspectors equally inferior. The sad thing in all of this is the public has never complained that the current method of allowing home inspectors to openly compete with one another is a problem. No, it is always the weak inferior home inspector who is desperately attempting to control their market and put other home inspectors out of business who clamor for the government to do what he is unable to do which is to compete in the open market.

Inspection laws across the country have been brought forth by weak second-class inspectors who without these laws in place would be forced back in to their previous food-service occupations.

I praise Georgia’s Governor for having the intelligence and fortitude to see through the sick, weak grumblings of a few home inspectors who refuse to do the hard work required to be a success in this profession and instead would taint the whole profession simply to promote their business by having the government flatten the competition so that their inferiority no longer causes them to stand out against the backdrop of other successful independent home inspectors.

I will leave you with Governor Sonny Purdue’s own words on the matter… ,“I am aware that the private sector provides several, voluntary professional organizations that achieve the goals of legislation. It is my preference that the market – not the State – regulate as many of our industries as possible. Thus, in order to not supplant the good work of the free market with taxpayer funds, I VETO House Bill 1217.”