Getting a Generator System Installed

That is correct. Because they are grid-tied systems. If the grid goes down, your grid tied system must go down as well.

In a large scale grid down scenario the NG compressor stations will lose power. When thier back up generators run dry, many locales will not receive gas. I live within striking distance of the New Madrid Fault (so powerful that it rang church bells in Boston the last time it went off in the1800’s), If it lets go, the NG pipling system in the region (most of it very old) will not fair well.

Photovoltaic solar power

Costs and affordability: Don’t be blinded by the (sun)light!

The main obstacle to the widespread use of solar panels in Québec is the substantial initial investment, combined with limited yearly savings. Here are a few examples of false promises made by some solar panel vendors in Québec and a few important points to keep in mind when deciding whether to go ahead with your project. Get informed!

Above copied from link below:

This is where the batteries come in. I’m seeing the Tesla batteries pop up on a lot of houses here in Maui. But yeah, a standard system is a no-go when the power’s out which seems kind of ridiculous.

In the past 8 years, I have been deployed to somewhere between 25-30 natural disasters. With miles of line down, water service down, sanitary down, the natural gas keeps going.

1 Like

Earthquakes are probably the biggest enemy I’d have to think.