GM and CitiGroup look like a buy to me.

Michael, it can be done.

Of course you did, that’s why you aren’t inspecting houses anymore! Nick, if you’re ever interested, I know how to invest in Futures and never lose, just email me for answers.

Here are some videos.

Popular Mechanics article.

blog

You Tube video

Here are a few links that took me about 5 min. If you would take 10 min to look on the web, you will find many new technologies out there. You can find many ideas that have been around for years. And there is still the option of combining some of these technologies.

Show me Ken.

Don’t just say it.

Sounds to much like:
There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home…

I believe the new VW diesels get close to 60 mpg now.

I can easily double or triple that, with a few tricks I have.

I see a lot of claims but then I have heard them for 30 years.

What’s up with that?

Still waiting for the 100 mile per gallon car that actually meets people’s needs and is affordable as a conventionally powered vehicle.

I pull a 30 ft. travel trailer, what can I reasonably expect will be available in the future that will do the job?

Let’s not pretend that the mythical 100 mpg car will meet the needs of most people.

Even the vaunted Chevy Volt is scheduled to cost $40K and only go 40 miles on a charge before the gasoline engine kicks in to keep it going.

To sell it there is supposed to me an 8K tax credit which basically means everyone who doesn’t buy one gets help from everyone else to pay for it.

Europe is full of vehicles that get better than 60 mpg (direct injected turbo diesel) check out VW, Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat, Vauxhall/Opel and serveral Honda and Toyota products that we don’t see here in the states.

Regards

Gerry

But are you doing those “tricks”?

You better patent them Ken. You’ll never have to inspect again.:roll:

Still 40 to go and at diesel costing 25-30% more per gallon the economics come into play again.

I used to drive a Honda CRX for my commute car. 50 mpg with non ethanol gas. 37 mpg in the winter when the Oxygenation rules kicked in.

Of course it was a two seater stick with limited capabilities.

GM I believe Gerry.

& I believe the range in question was 60 to 100 Michael, so 60 is well within that range.

Hi Brian, yes Vauxhall is GM UK and Opel is GM Germany, in reality they both sell the same cars with different trim levels and badging much like Chevy/Pontiac/Buick here.

As to Michaels usual smug response, Diesel here is taxed more highly than gas, in much of Europe the price per liter of Diesel is the same or lower that of gas, making those cars very economic, back in the early 1990’s we swapped a fleet of reps cars from gas to diesel, going from av 28 mpg to av 43 mpg overnight, there were also considerable long term savings on insurance and maintenance costs (as diesels don’t require as much servicing)

Regards

Gerry

Here is another one that been around for some time. Its the Continuously variable transmission.

Here is something for ya. Its an Ion Thruster by NASA. I mention this just to point out that we can come up with these deep space engines but cant come up with 100MPG engines? Does that really make sense to you?

Oh and for the real skeptics out there, here is a 200 MPG that’s in the works scheduled to come out 2010. Now whether it does 200MPG is another story. We wont know until it comes out. Look closely on that page and you will find an article about a 300 MPG car.

Point is, we are at a point where we are working on 200-300 MPG cars, I think 100 MPG is a reasonable request to have out now!

Not in the US. It wouldn’t get 60 MPG if you dropped it from an airplane.

More recent factors have been strong U.S and world diesel demand, the relative unavailability of diesel imports, and the introduction of ultra-low sulfur diesel in 2006,* which is contributing to improved air quality but costs more to manufacture***.

That and the clean U.S. clean diesel requirement.:roll:

Tax rates **
Federal excise taxes, included in the pump price, are higher for diesel than for gasoline. For diesel, the per-gallon federal tax is 24.4 cents, compared with 1
8.4 cents for gasoline
*. State and local taxes may differ among fuels as well, resulting in a national average per gallon tax of 53.6 cents for diesel compared with 48.4 cents for gasoline.

Wow, 6 cents more on average. Diesel is a a buck higher in my area than gas.

Peterbuilt semi tractors used to get 8 mpg.

Now it’s 5 mpg due to the changed requirements for ultra low sulfur diesel and hot stack technology to reduce emissions.

I’d say a 30% drop in millage is pretty serious change in the economics of diesel.

Exactly.

The reason Ford doesn’t sell it successful European manufactured car here is due to labor costs and the inability to import the parts cost effectively into this country for assembly.

In another words, they can’t make the price high enough to be both profitable and desired by the consumer.

All I can say Michael, is you asked me to show you, and I have. Why this stuff isn’t out yet, I don’t know. Why did the government force the TV industry to advance their technology to digital? Why are there parts of the world that have faster Internet than us?

We have reached the speed of light. We have come up with cloaking devises. We have discovered new states of matter.

All I have stated is we have the technology to produce 60-100 MPG cars. So now that I have shown you, can you still say it doesn’t exist? NO you cant.

I’m am asking that we as people require our government and auto industry to put these cars out so we don’t have to argue why these cars arnt out on the market yet!!!

I see your getting into labor costs now… If you want to bring those down, get rid of the antiquated unions. I betcha labor costs will come down!

They don’t have them at a price that anyone will pay. Go back to my comment on the Chevy Volt.

The free market will produce them when they are viable.

Yes, that’s why the big three should file for bankruptcy and reorganize.

I wouldn’t bet the farm on that happening with all Democrat government about to be in place.:shock: