GOOD Home Inspection Training

[FONT=Arial]please contact Brian Daley at[/FONT]

Sorry I do think this would be a great Course but in the want of fair play I must remove it .
I now find out Brian Daley is on the OAHI Committee that has been discriminating against some of our NACHI members.
As we all Know NACHI and its members believe in fair play for all.
OAHI does nothing except say bad things about NACHI .
I can not allow myself to be a part of helping any one on an OAHI
Committee that condones discrimination against any Home Inspector member of OAHI or not .
This is the same association who has not told their members that they can attend the NACHI conference at NACHI RATES.
I think it is time for the OAHI members and particularly those on any of the various committees.
OAHI has over the last few years had BOD members leave the BOD when they found out how unscrupulous OAHI is .
To These who have removed them selves I say a big thanks at least the can see that OAHI is not for the members but just for the click who completely ignores the membership.
If Mr. Daley has a conscience he to will do what he knows is proper for the good of all inspectors.

Roy Cooke RHI…CMI…CHI… A Happy NACHI member

Is Charters a Member of Nachi? If not why is he plying his wares here?

Brian Daily is also a member of OAHI Public Relations Committee who is responsible for suspending my rights on the OAHI CAFE forum. I don’t think these two should be selling their wares on the backs of Nachi members considering what Mr. Daleys committee members have been upto and what OAHI has been on record as having stated about Nachi. They certainly haven’t put info about the Nachi conference on their Association websites. QUID PRO QUO? NOT!

For that Matter Mr. Daley is not a member of Nachi and is only an Associate with OAHI.

Roy

Is this true?

The last time I did something like this was with Inspection Support Services.It was to be an all day thing the RHI was sitting in the kitchen of the house all morning did nothing in terms of walking along with students inspecting ,at about 12:00pm he said the class was over!Part of the instruction was to be at the house and part of it was to be classroom based at a nearby hotel.When I asked him for directions to the hotel he said there is no need to go to the hotel,we covered everything here!!I paid $200 and I know I was ripped off.Along with 6-7 others.I regret not taking legal action against this company,I felt sorry for the RHI he had a heart condition.
These guys are a joke!Roy I hope this guy that you are promoting,does not do the same to unsuspecting students.

http://www.oahi.com/default.asp?content=48

Brian Daley
Associated Group of Home Inspectors Canada Inc.
Business: 905-862-2291
Fax: 905-862-0623
Toll Free: 1-866-242-5906
brian.daley@sympatico.ca
Expires :12/31/2006

Mario

Mr. Daily either is condoning actions of trumped up charges of suspension or he is ignorant of what the PR Chair Mr. Quackenbush are doing, along with the Co chair Mrs. Wendy Cooke.

Ray

Small org. he must know!I thought Wendy was the receptionist?

Mario

There are two Wendys in OAHI. Wendy Gelman is the Administrator and Registrar.

Wendy Cooke is an Associate Member of OAHI and Co-chair of the PR committee.

Either way the actions are condoned by the BOD and these people are the facilitators of the BOD wishes. Collusion indeed.

A standard of care and diligence has never been practiced in Oahi, they don’t know the meaning of it.

Ray

I have not had much interaction with OAHI I did however take the defect course with them and I did meet some of these guys.It seems to me that they are like some sort of secret,closed society they will let you in only if they like you.

BINGO -you hit right on

Closed society is a good term. Still have not received any form of reply to my appeal, nor any reply to other concerns I have put OAHI on notice for.

Even the Association lawyer seems to tolerate the documented short comings.

Hey Bob, I love when directors put stupid comments in writing. Like the one director did when he wrote that he was a volunteer and did not get paid to handle issues that members raise or have concerns about. Brainiacs they are not! :wink:

Hello Home Inspector,
NACHI Certified Training is becoming the Industry Leader in providing quality one-day Home Inspection Seminars - we have a passion to help you grow your Home Inspection business!
NACHI Certified Training Seminars are proudly brought to you by NACHI & ProLab!
TOPIC: 8-Hour Seminar on HVAC & Plumbing - Boilers, Furnaces, Air Handlers, Water Heaters & Plumbing
SPEAKERS: Kenny Hart, Master Plumber & Certified Master Mechanical Contractor
WHEN: Saturday, December 9th, 2006, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
WHERE: Courtyard Toronto Brampton
COST: $149.00 - Register before November 28th, 2006 - SAVE $24.00 - Pay only $125.00!
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED! Please register early as seminars sell out quickly!
LEARN MORE & Register / Pay On-line Email NCT
For a complete list of all 22 major locations in the US & Canada OR for more info - go to the NCT Website.
"Come to NCT - Learn in one day what it takes most others to learn in a lifetime!"

What is he volunteering for then??? I guess his other volunteer place is more important. Or does he like the dress code better. Plaid seems to be his colour,
now all he needs is a plaid jacket and he can run for polictics.

Sorry Roy I disagree on this one. I guess inspections are slow in his area. Thats all I will say about.

Roy

You are a man with high principles. I like that.

Mario - I am sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, Harry was experiencing some health issues at the time. This is the first I have heard from anyone on the session. Normally “we” have two instructors, when we have 10 or more applicants in the field.

Now that I have heard of this - I will certainly bring this to the attention of the company directors and look into this. This is not the way business and customers are treated, but it sounds like the “instructor” was experiencing health issues on that day.

We have conducted these sessions in the past and have normally received “excellent” comments.

Thanks Mario I have always tried to help this industry and will continue as long as I can .
If it is to the benefit of all I can over look many things .
Example I have at various times posed things here for OAHI/CAHPI that I felt could be for the benefit of all inspectors.
I do not like what I feel is very discriminatory by various people in the OAHI/CAHPI associations.
They have a completely closed door mentality and are strictly for them selves…
There are a lot of great home inspectors there and I feel we should be trading thoughts information and trying to help all Home Inspectors .
OAHI/CAHPI directors continue to show that they all are a closed door secret society who are only interested in them selves .
I would love some one to show me I am wrong but so far I have not had one small incling of any think different.
I said before and I will say it again I think the National Certification is a farce only developed to help a few .

Roy Cooke… Certified Master Inspector … RHI… CHI…

i’m A Professional With Over 6105 Inspections. I Stopped And Talk To Evryone But Only Ashi Memeber Shave Nothing Good To Say About Anyone. Here’s A Fact Take This To The Bank
i Was A Ashi Memeber, Nahi And Now Only Nachi, Why?
big Daddy Nick!
i Asked Each Organization For Material For A Fair That I Sponsored. Only The Big Daddy Himslef Sent Me Nachi Material. I Push Nachi Because It Pulls Me, Spread The Good Reasons Why We Are Members Of Nachi
david Cassese
turn Key Inspections
** Nachi04062782**

Mario, are you talking about the Georgetown house on site training?
If so, I was also there and can vouch for all you say. I didn’t know Harry was having health problems, and I hope he is better now, however if he was not feeling well the right thing to do was to cancel the training and refund everyones money. I was a “student” member of OAHI and a member of NACHI at the time, on the drive home I made the decision to let my membership in OAHI lapse. Lesson learned.

Mario, are you talking about the Georgetown house on site training?
If so, I was also there and can vouch for all you say. I didn’t know Harry was having health problems, and I hope he is better now, however if he was not feeling well the right thing to do was to cancel the training and refund everyones money. I was a “student” member of OAHI and a member of NACHI at the time, on the drive home I made the decision to let my membership in OAHI lapse. Lesson learned.