Good news for canadain inspectors

Clearly Tom, the ability to read has escaped you. We have nowhere said that we are looking for people to sign up today. Have never asked anyone to sign up. Have never insinuated that we are accepting membership applications…do I need to go on or are you starting to get it? We would never expect anyone to join something before they have all the facts. Again, very different from the associations we have previously seen, so that’s why you might not be able to understand it.

We have set up an email address so we can provide information as we get it…that is ALL we have promised to date. No guesswork, no lies and the only promise we have made so far is that when we know, you will know.

All you negativity, name calling,sarcasm and attempts at twisting the truth makes it clear that all you are intending to do is cast a negative light…scared much? Because clearly, others who have been able to read, understand that we are WORKING TOWARDS a union so that we may be able to provide to other home inspectors, what previous organizations have failed to do…A VOICE AND OPPORTUNTIY TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES HOW THIS INDUSTRY WILL BE MAPPED.

Your negativity and pettyness is humerous, and blatently an attempt at putting the idea of a union down, in the absense of any facts.

The idea that “if” this goes through is clearly mistaken…“it” has already gone through, we are working on the finalities to provide everyone with facts as soon as we are able, and quite frankly, all your negativity will do nothing to stop what is coming. :wink:

The facts will be shared, then we will open it up for membership and you can choose to either take it or leave it. Again, even you will be welcome should you choose ONCE THE INFORMATION YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS GIVEN.

All motives behind your nonsence, and attemps to muddy the waters is clear to everyone but you…you are not coming accross as “asking tough questions”…you are coming across as someone who can’t read and understand! We have clearly repeated ouselves time and time again…do you need some flashcards Tom? Where would like us to mail them? Perhaps your email address, work phone # or website? Oh yeah, forgot, you are a secret home inspector right?

And Tom, just to be clear, we would never set up a “shut Tom up” fund…please, keep talking by all means, because the only person you are making a fool of is yourself.

Personally, I wish I were able to see your face and jaw drop once you have all the details of the union and the offerings…would love to be fly on that wall. I guarantee you that you won’t be as smug then…so, good luck to you…and hopefully you will get the whole concept of reading and understand in control yet. :mrgreen:

John

Unions are a babysitting service for the weak minded sheep … period.

How far out in space do you have to be, to present a union to INDEPENDENT BUSINESS PEOPLE?

Do you think, if these guys were successful, they would care about $20/month for a benefits plan? If these guys would evangelize their businesses with as much energy as they are putting into this union, they wouldn’t need the union.

The industry problems are often genuine and need a satisfactory answer, but in my opinion I do not see or have not heard to date any compelling reason or benefit for the home inspection sector. My belief is some view it as a means to counteract the call for accountability within the industry known as “licensing”. But to coin an overused phrase by one of its proponents “if the wheels not broke, why reinvent it”.

For those contemplating further investigation of a union model, I simply caution to go easy on the rhetoric about using a union affiliation to gain leverage in negotiations or name calling those that have the right to express their views regarding such association or views that oppose it.

There are also legal impediments that make the union less than the full solution to all your problems. There may also be additional requirements imposed as a result of union affiliation. Legally there are licensing issues and antitrust (competition act) concerns if the network is too large, or wanders into other anti-competitive ventures. The law now restricts what both employers and unions can do while “workers” are deciding whether to form a union. It allows both sides to express their views. But use of any form of coercion, intimidation, threats, promises, or undue influence is considered to be an “unfair labour practice” and illegal. Equally there are rights for call for the decertification of a union.

Although Canada’s Charter of Rights guarantees the individual freedom of association, not everyone is entitled to be a member of a union. This privilege is reserved for “employees.” For many years, the relationship of employer and employee was referred to as the law of Master and Servant. Although the term may appear outdated, to be considered an employee, the worker’s relationship to the employer must conform to some of the characteristics associated with a master-servant relationship.

Now yet another twist - as a result the term certification, it would now imply when a union is formed and members claimed “certification” offer a new definition on the commonly used term “certification”. **Certification: **A process by which employees obtain the legal right to bargain collectively with their employer through a trade union. Are we now going to see references such as “union home inspector” or “unionized master inspector”? Perhaps a far stretch, hopefully some food for thought.

The system we have now in Canada is a disaster .
The largest Association group OAHI has ignored the membership for many years .
The membership has no idea on the Finances.
The Dppc on both Ontario associations is a joke .
Directors are insulting Inspectors Filthy words are being used .
Directors are calling people liars and not giving any replies to questions.
Is the Union the Answer I do not know .
I do know what we have now is secret groups whom seem to have a agenda they refuse to share.
There has been accusations of money being used incorrectly.
A new group with zero connections to these associations could be best for our industry .