Gorilla

Originally Posted By: wpedley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has anyone been bitten by a gorilla? icon_smile.gif

I just bought one of those gorilla ladders from Home Depot.

Was playing around with it in my driveway and somehow collapsed

the d%# thing on my hand, I mean it was actually stuck in between the two

sliding rungs. I'm saying to myself son of a B@#$*. Now that would be

embarrassing if the buyer was watching you.

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

Originally Posted By: Guest

I own two of those ladders, I like them and they’re a good value, but they train you quickly that they’re pain waiting to happen. I typed this post with my nose.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

I have a Krause 16’. Just missed the recall by a few digits of the model/serial #. A few years back after having just purchased it, my neighbor asked me to hang a banner on her barn for a highschool reunion she was having. Unfolded the ladder and raised it to straight up, turns out the center pin wasn’t locked. It folded in half and the top half slammed the back of my head before i knew it was coming. EE-I-EE-I-EE-I-EE (That sound Chester Cheetah makes) ALWAYS practice using your new tools before using for a paying audience, for credibilitys sake.

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hey,

That a great little ladder. I have had no promblem with just got to think about want you are doing. Hope our hand is OK. I plan on buying the next size up.

Originally Posted By: sspradling

I discovered the Guilotene (sp) action of the little giant, actually a near miss, in front of a client, who thought the quick action was cool. He later called me after seeing them for sale on QVC and wanted to make sure it was the same thing, because he remembered the quick sliding ladder! I agree, practice before show time.

Stu

Originally Posted By: dfrend

All ladders are dangerous. I don’t let a rookie grab a ladder off the ladder truck until we have done a 3 hour course on ladders. You can get seriously injured, or seriously injure somebody else if you do not know how to lift, carry, raise, place, move, lower, etc.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: cberthoud

My brother is a carpenter. He calls my 12-foot Krause a folding “ladder of confusion”.

I could probably teach dfriend's 3-hour course on ladder safety by just remembering all the problems and near accidents I have had over the past 10 years. I have been fortunate that there have been no injuries or property damage except for two vehicles. Those 2 incidents were caused by setting up the "step ladder" too close to my vehicle and in one case the Realtor's vehicle.

Originally Posted By: bsmith

I have two Gorilla ladders, a small and a large. They are great! They adapt to any situation. You do have to be careful though.

Bill Smith

Originally Posted By: rfarruggia

Thats the thing I hate most about this job.

Back in 2000 I broke my left arm in eleven places when a step ladder gave out under me.

In 1992, It was my right arm, and it was in 13 pieces.

If I can’t reach it with my 12’ Telesteps, I dont go there.

But I am thinking of buying a bucket truck to do roofs. That would be cool.

Originally Posted By: rray

Or a spectoscope. Anyone using a spectoscope?

Originally Posted By: tallen

Not me. I walk it or use 8/50 binocs.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: cmarshburn

I was wishing I had a spectoscope just the other day

Originally Posted By: ksutherland

I just got bit the other day eusa_wall.gif

Originally Posted By: gluck

I use a version of the Spectoscope that I put together myself. I use an extending pole from Home Depot with a video cam from X-10 on top. I used to display the pictures on a small TV from Radio Crap but found that my clients liked to watch too so now I set up a 12" TV on a table so that they can watch . The video is recordable and you can get the necesary hardware from X-10 to record frames on your lap top for inclusion into the report. It is a good system and it gives you the appearance of being very “high-tech” which pleases the client. the best part is that you can put this entire system together for under $200. and it makes a great marketing tool too!

Hi! I have a university degree. You want fries with that?

Dominion Home Inspectors

domspec.net

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Ok George, I’m a visual learner! icon_biggrin.gif

Let's see the pictures of this $200 concoction!

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Isn’t the spectroscope under $200?

I only trust my eyes checking a roof. Not a scope or binocs, just my eyes. I'll have to change that tune when I need bifocals, though. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

I have a Krause that kicked out from me once. Luckily I was only on the second step when it happened. Glad no one was watching

Originally Posted By: rray

But, Blaine, even with a “scope or binocs,” you’re still looking at something with your eyes. If scientists had taken that attitude, we never would have discovered bacteria, viruses, and modern medicine miracle cures.

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

He has a point, Blaine. You can’t honestly tell us that you go on every roof. Can you?

I had a one story today that I couldn't walk because of the rain. Did go to eaves with my LG however. The damn thing bit me too. On the friggin forearm of all places! ![icon_evil.gif](upload://1gvq2wV2azLs27xp71nuhZOKiSI.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: gluck

I’ll post some pics jsut as soon as I figure out how! I understand that the spectoscope does not include the camera. could be mistaken fo course. God knows THAT happens often enough!

Hi! I have a university degree. You want fries with that?

Dominion Home Inspectors

domspec.net

Originally Posted By: hgordon

George I have the Specto…but all it is is a telecoping pole…now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Me personally I wanted to see if i could create a smaller version to look in attics and crawlspaces that are too small.

But that being said...I would love a "spec sheet" on what you did..might go that route.