Gov Christ signed SB2234 this evening

I see that! My parents have two lots in Big Pine. Supposedly, there is a building moratorium there. I have never seen more building anywhere than the Keys on our last trip!

Fortunately, we have a friend who has a home in Islamorada and he lets us stay there anytime we want.

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/2007/Senate/bills/billtext/pdf/s2234er.pdf

http://www.naplesmoldinspection.com/

Hi! Hot air james;
Where do you get your info from???
I sure as hell don’t know of any school in New York that has had 600 HI students in the past four months.
Before you open your mouth [Hot air JAMES] kindly check things first so you don’t seem like a donkey.
Regards Len

Well, Len “Hee Haw” Ungar. Glad to hear from you.

The last official count from Mr. Merrell’s school was 450 at the end of April. By now, I believe the count to be over 600. Do you have “facts” that would contradict that? If not, go back to eating oats from your feedbag.:wink:

Hey! Hot Air James;
That’s since the start of classes almost two years ago!!!
Hot Air.
Regards Len:roll:

Nope…Donkey Len, it’s more recent than that.

Hee Haw.:smiley:

Mr Hot Air James!
The reason I know is because I supervise the Module 5 classes and as usual all your doing is blowing hot air out of your DONKEY AGAIN!!!
Where ever you get your info from is beyound me.:roll:
Regards Len

Tell us how your school was graduating licensed home inspectors two years ago…when the educational criteria was not approved by your state until this year. This should be interesting.

I’m sorry the bill passed, but now you need to use it to your advantage, lobby the state to make the requirements so high and expensive the fly by nights will pass it up for something less demanding. plus make public all of the lawsuits against inexperienced inspectors to scare the rest and last but not least publicize how much it really cost to be a sucessful HI. there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. don’t fight the law, use it!

Nachi instructors needed

$1000.00 a day

Students at my new school $1000.00 a day (instructors as students = 0)

rlb

Hot Air James;
Licensing did not take affect till Jan 06 is #1
CEU’s have just started as of this Fri.
Like I said before you are a real donkey.
The more you say,the deeper you sink.
James just do me a favor and check on things before you open your mouth,that way you won’t look like a DONKEY.
On second though I should no better than to even converse with you.
Because you have been like that ever since you have been posting on the board.
Regards Len
BYE!!! BYE!!!:roll:

Bye, Len.:smiley:

How soon will we know what school to go to??
Will the licensing be available during the interim or only after the 2010 date?

I called DBPR this morning, and so far, they know nothing about how to proceed. Hopefully they will know soon.

Blaiine,

Dont hold your breath. It will take them over a year to decide.

It will take a lot longer than a year. First, FAR will backtrack stating that they didn’t understand the bill. Next, GL insurance will be removed and E & O will be substituted. Then, other restrictions for newer inspectors will be implemented.

Hopefully, this bill will evolve. But, being the skeptic that I am, I doubt it!

Actually, I was figuring that they will have the details implemented sometime around July 30…2010. It took me 7 people and 43 minutes on hold with DBPR to get anyone who even knew there was such a thing as a home inspector or a home inspector bill!! :smiley: :smiley:

Actually, we’re just trying to get a jump on the required education so we can submit classes for approval and make sure that our members can get the courses they need, cheaply.

That gives us about 3 years to prepare for the cluster**** to be delivered from Tallahassee.

Even the people who pushed for this bill will soon likely wish they didn’t. Dealing with local Gov is always a pain in the a$$. Just wait until there on hold with DBPR for an hour only to find they were transfered to the wrong dept. This is going to be a total mess, it already is.

I just cant see why anyone would want the state involved in their business, it makes no sense to me.

There are many changes in the works for this bill. We have to get organized as NACHI members an be involved in the changes. We can still tweak this bill so it offers both consumer and inspector protection, while at the same time being fair to all in business.