Great Place to put a load center

2 Likes

At least you were able to sit while checking it out.:joy:

Thanks for the laugh. I broke a finger today when the top sash of the window fell down as I unlocked the widow. I need a laugh😂

Needs hand sanitizer… and, some clearance would be nice…

Load center huh? Nicely worded

1 Like

LOL…LOL…LOL

Yes that is the perfect place if you are looking for an installation specifically forbidden by the National Electric Code. Not only is the pipe and the toilet located in the working space required in front of a panel

110.26 Spaces About Electrical Equipment. Access and
working space shall be provided and maintained about all electrical equipment to permit ready and
safe operation and maintenance of such equipment.

(A) Working Space. Working space for equipment operating at 600 volts, nominal, or less to ground
and likely to require examination, adjustment, servicing, or maintenance while energized shall
comply with the dimensions of 110.26(A)(1), (A)(2), and (A)(3) or as required or permitted
elsewhere in this Code.
(1) Depth of Working Space. The depth of the working space in the direction of live parts shall not
be less than that specified in Table 110.26(A)(1) unless the requirements of 110.26(A)(1)(a), (A)(1)(b), or (A)(1)© are met. Distances shall be measured from the exposed live parts or from the enclosure or opening if the live parts are enclosed.

Table 110.26(A)(1) Working Spaces
Nominal Voltage to Ground Minimum Clear Distance
Condition 1
0–150 914 mm (3 ft)

(2) Width of Working Space. The width of the working space in front of the electrical equipment shall be the width of the equipment or 762 mm (30 in.), whichever is greater. In all cases, the work space shall permit at least a 90 degree opening of equipment doors or hinged panels.

(3) Height of Working Space. The work space shall be clear and extend from the grade, floor, or platform to a height of 2.0 m (61⁄2 ft) or the height of the equipment, whichever is greater. Within the height requirements of this section, other equipment that is associated with the electrical installation and is located above or below the electrical equipment shall be permitted to extend not more than 150 mm (6 in.) beyond the front of the electrical equipment.

but the panel is located in a bathroom.

240.24 Location in or on Premises.
(E) Not Located in Bathrooms. In dwelling units, dormitories, and guest rooms or guest suites, overcurrent devices, other than supplementary overcurrent protection, shall not be located in bathrooms.

Just for an added feature the foam bed padding that was used as insulation is not lawful in that application. You may want to point out that it bears no laboratory listing or certification marking and that it’s smoke contributed rating is phenomenal! I love the way that it is installed in the same wall cavity as an electrical panel.

Tom Horne
Retired Electrician