Great Presentation software for Clients

Originally Posted By: huebdoo
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Came across this great software title for clients, take shots with my digital camera and can create full on presentations for them with a click of the mouse, then burn it onto a cdrom as a stand-alone player to attach to a printed report.

Check it out:
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/FotoAngelo/index?LAN=englishX20

or this one ( Picture viewer - Image management software )

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/ACDSee/index?LAN=englishX50[/url]

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Huebdoo,

Thank you for sharing that find with us. It looks pretty nice. Is it easy to install and use?

Thanks,

Joe Myers

I find this pretty easy to use but it all depends on what your computer skill set is at.

There are some free-ware software titles out there, like www.irfanview but I find the ACD one the best I have seen.

Clients take a step back when they see the inspection on a lap-top ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

i have been testing a trial version of a similar product Called Firewire, it is very easy to use and they have a free trial down load.

www.firegraphic.com

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gerry,

Thanks, good link. What exactly are you going to do with this?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Joe, I use it as a down & dirty tumbnail viewer as my note book runs windows 98 which does not do thumbnails, but also it is very good for quickly re-sizing, cropping and rotating shots. I like it they may even get money out of me for the full version.

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

If you have hundreds of images (like say examples of your handy work or, types of oxidation on wood etc…) The thumbnail viewer in 98 does not contain what is called metadata… and that is the special feature of this ACDSee software

On every picture you have in your computer … you have sort of like a little file for text and information say,

“Stucco Rot”

“Dry Rot”

“Drains”

“Insulation”

“August 13th”

Then with this ACDSee in three, four or five years later all you would have to do in the search term is call up the "dry rot" from "August 13th" and thats it....

I showed this to a buddy of mine who does carpentry and he was kicking himself, imagine if you could pull up for a client all the reno jobs based on year, style etc....

This is more than a simple picture viewer or slideshow software ... it makes my job a heck of a lot easier when I sit down infront of that stupid lap-top

Good Luck all