Great wording or what

Check out the well worded bill from Ohio.

Nice to see that you you need to be licensed to perform work recklessly. Not quite what they were going for, or at least I hope that was an error.

1 Like

Jim

After reading that ten times I had to look it up.
“without regard to the danger or the consequences of one’s actions; rashly.”

Please note that it only allows work. No inspection or opinion as to code compliance. Same reason that HIs were not given permission to do electrical inspections.

:rofl: It’s Ohio, what do you expect :smiley: I don’t think the word “recklessly” belongs in that paragraph.

2 Likes

That was definitely or what, written by a retard.

1 Like

Residential contractor licensing. Good bill.
Poor wording. That’s all.

Why is it important? To hold licensed general contractors accountable. No more. No less.

In Quebec, after many consumer complaints to the government and the building authority, which including me defending my company from baseless allegations, the government acted enforcing Licensing for General Contractors and holding them, the general contractor responsible for all work preformed by His/Her Company, all sub trades.
No more finger pointing to avoid liability by retained sub trades violations, errors and deficiencies.

Geezers Louiser’s Mr. Parks. Up until now I have avoided much of your belly aching. Stop with your prohibiting home inspectors dismounting dead front non sense. Enough is enough.

So, following the law is belly aching. Ohio doesn’t think that 80 hours of training makes you qualified to perform electrical inspections. We have a higher standard here. What is wrong with that?

The reason for the new license is to make it possible for people who want to do only residential specialty trades to become licensed. They should have done this in 2001 when R.C 4740 went into effect.

No. Your belly aching about dismounting dead fronts at every opportunity.

Try this approach. “While some agree, others may not.”

Best of luck with all your endeavors.
Robert Young