Guess what else InterNACHI membership is going to come with for free?

Are Canadians eligible?

Yes

It is of no benefit to InterNACHI. InterNACHI already has 29,300 inspectors out of the 31,000 in the industry. Nothing can help it much as there just isn’t any more room for InterNACHI to grow in this industry.

It is of no benefit to HG. I calculate that they lost $11 million on the deal with InterNACHI.

It is a huge benefit to InterNACHI members. That $11 million goes right into their pockets.

There is nothing to opt out of. AmFam isn’t selling InterNACHi client data to anyone. I don’t know if that’s true for non-InterNACHI members and actually don’t care.

I’ll fix that for you. Email me at nick@internachi.org Be clear about what your complaint is. I pull a lot of weight at HG now and am already using it to help InterNACHI members.

1 Like

Nothing changed. Our agreement further secures InterNACHI client data that has been in the hands of a company that has already demonstrated for years that it doesn’t “farm out data.”

It isn’t being “peddled.” Not by us or HG anyway. I can’t speak for non-InterNACHI member client data.

Me.

Now ask, what stopped ISN, Palmtech, and Horizon? Nothing, clearly.

1 Like

I’m confused. Used Palmtech since 2003 in various versions… it does not have an avenue by which to obtain or export customer, repair or any other data contained in the home inspector’s report. It is completely stand alone.

1 Like

Thanks Nick. It’s great to know that you’re “punishing” software vendors like myself that have defended InterNACHI for the last 17 years and offered your members exclusive discounts.

4 Likes

Nick, do you honestly think that anyone here believes that?

3 Likes

Hmm. I use HG for Commercial only at this point and 100% opt out of any 3rd party services I do not want any information shared without my and customer’s expressed permission, I’m confident of my practices in protecting my clients data, and haven’t read anything to convince me that HomeGauge has done anything improper with my customer’s data… but these issues seem to remain.

However, to clear the air of impropriety, i.e. potential or future use of client data without authorization, can HomeGauge with Nachi or independent of state and clearly, that there is has not been use of customer information if folks like me that don’t and won’t participate in any such 3rd party client data sharing programs?

If I’m not fully clear, my point, and it would seem I’m not alone… even being associated where such negative information (now on social media via this TikTok video which is BTW 100% wrong) where the thought of people’s information or use is just plain bad press… can it be cleared up once and for all?

1 Like

Good/fair point. Dominic, you’ve always been and are a class act!

2 Likes

And they are now owned by Porch… America’s repair lead broker.

Thanks Dom, and I challenge you to name anyone in this industry who did more for HIP (especially when you first launched), not counting your paid employees. And I still do. HIP is awesome and great for the industry. And what I’m doing with HG is great for InterNACHI members. How about we both keep doing great things?

2 Likes

When they start getting $1,000.00 software for $0.00 I think they will have no argument with my financial analysis. It’s an $11 million dollar loss. The only reason I was able to pull it off is that the loss is going against $12.9 billion in revenue. And for you aSHI members reading this… there are 1,000 millions in a billion.

Thanks for being an HG user. Kenton is coming out with integrated commercial inspection narratives for you. Anyway… how do I clear up something that isn’t there?

AmFam has owned HG for years and not misused or sold any of your data. InterNACHI hasn’t misused or sold any of your data. These are arguably two of the finest, most honorably-run operations in the world, so it made sense for us to partner in this space. AND… we now have assurances that even though AmFam has always done the right thing with data, that they will continue to (at least for InterNACHI members’ clients’ data). AND…we now have a Fortune 500 company giving us all the financial resources to come up with amazing products and features for InterNACHI inspectors. AND… we got the price of their new software down from $1,000.00 to $0.00 (for only InterNACHI members).

Pretty damn good day at the office.

2 Likes

I think that covers it :wink:

You definitely helped me and HIP get started and I’ve spent the last 17 years repaying that opportunity. HIP pays your sister-in-law to be in the InterNACHI newsletters and pays your son to be in the Inspectors Outlet and I’ve been debating ASHI members who bad-mouthed your association from day 1 about all the opportunities you’ve brought the industry. I think you’re missing the mark here.

Now I’m sure that every new member is going to get a huge email starting how they have access to free software. Most schools in the nation give free InterNACHI memberships, meaning most new students will now use the free HomeGauge not knowing any better. Plus they’re low on funds and free is often the best price. Unfortunately, myself and other software vendors probably won’t be around for much longer to continue to do great things for the industry as there’s only so much we can do to compete against billion-dollar companies. We just had our best month in 17 years in terms of sales and new users so I felt we were doing a great job. While I have no doubt that we will continue to get sales from educated inspectors, new inspectors will have 0 exposure to other software before getting the new “InterNACHI memo.”

6 Likes

C’mon Dom, you don’t advertise in our newsletter (which has a 72% open rate) or have HIP carried by Inspector Outlet (which sells more inspection-related everything than all other stores combined including Amazon)… for me. You do it for you and for the industry. Without a strong industry, there is no HIP and no InterNACHI.

That said… I think the problem you are forecasting won’t ever exist. But I realize that isn’t very helpful because if someone perceives a problem, it exists for them.

As long HIP has been around, there has been free reporting software. I think if HG was here, they’d even admit that their new thing coming out is sort of starter software. They might not like hearing me depict it that way, but part of the reason they did a deal with me is that I’m honest. It’s good intro software that they aspire to make better with my help and AmFam’s money. That’s good for the industry. And again, we both want a strong industry.

Now aSHI being all but dead at this point, doesn’t really give InterNACHI any competition to drive InterNACHI to excel. However, they aren’t totally dead and they found a little niche as being a stepping stone to join InterNACHI. We’re OK with that. Many inspectors join aSHI, realize they want a lot more, and eventually advance up to InterNACHI. You are positioned to do the same, to be the best, the top… like InterNACHI is. I’m here to help. I’m here to help anyone pushing the profession upwards and onwards.

1 Like

We actually only get a few clicks here and there from the Energy email. I’m sure we would on the main newsletter but it’s too crowded with ads at this point so we didn’t bother. My point is that Inspector Outlet is the ONLY place we allow our software to be sold outside of our site (despite MANY others asking to resell it) and Kenton’s narratives are the ONLY narratives we allow to be sold for HIP, because they were backed by you and you asked me.

We make the least amount of revenue on software sold through Inspector Outlet as not only are we giving InterNACHI members a discount (which is actually everyone as they can click a single button to get a temporary subscription to get the discount on the site) but we also pay a commission. We also offer InterNACHI members 3x the free trial length at 3 months free instead of 1 month, we run an InterNACHI only sale once a year at the steepest discount we offer (except for vets and first responders) and we give inspectors 50% off our software during the holidays if they donate to Cozy Coats.

So what I’m saying is that it’s insulting for you to state that you’re punishing companies like myself for not supporting your members after we’ve done so much to help. Hell, I was even InterNACHI member of the year and Innovator of the year at one point for all the help I had done for the association and for inspectors. I fail to see how the largest inspector association in the world flooding the industry with free software is going to be ‘good’ for the industry.

7 Likes

@gromicko care to weigh in on this?