Has anyone seen this in a bathtub before?

I found this in a house built in 2004. It looks like someone cut a hole in the tub surround to either vent the drain, or as an overflow. It is just an open hole to a pipe behind the tub. Just wondering if anyone has come across something like this before?

It’s the tub overflow missing it’s cap. Probably in a cabinet drawer.


What Thomas said… opening for an overflow with a missing chrome cover.

1 Like

Thank you Thomas. I thought that might be the case. Just never saw a tub missing one. Appreciate the help!