Has the BB been closed to Non Members

Originally Posted By: rcooke
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just received an email stating it looks like non members can no longer post on the NACHI BB.

I wonder is this a good thing or bad I do not know.
Is this happening to all or just some .

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

Hiya Roy,

I just tried posting without using my password and you seem to be right.

I could read the posts but could not post.

However, there is a spot where a non-member can gain access by opening a FREE account to gain entry and be able to post.

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Technical threads are still open.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

John,

You are my hero. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

You know, with the nonachi blog shut down and the inability to trash us on our own board, I can think of a handfull of idiots that are going to have their heads explode.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

impressed! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Bob Brown

President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada

NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

eusa_clap.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Thank you. Long overdue and gratefully welcomed. I know it was probably a tough decision to close off parts of the BB for all the obvious reasons but maybe now the whiners and detractors will have to go someplace else to wring their hands and do their shrieking. icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: bsumpter

icon_biggrin.gif

Very well done gentlemen!

--
"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the mind that is prepared"

Louis Pasteur

Originally Posted By: rwashington

eusa_dance.gif

Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Richard W Washington
www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Please bear with me while I indulge myself… icon_lol.gif

Hello, Dave Bottoms. I know that you are reading this post. I can see you sitting there, with your nose pressed up against your monitor, screaming...

I want you to know that everything that Roy Cooke and Ray Wand said about you is factual and accepted as truth by everyone in the US and Canada. I know, also, if you were able to post a response, you would agree with me and you would want to thank them for helping you see the light. You would want to apologize to them for being so rude and obnoxious.

I'll pass it on to them on your behalf.

NACHI rules!!!!

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rmoore

jbushart wrote:
Please bear with me while I indulge myself.... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

No Mr. Bushart. I'll be damned if I will just sit quietly while you "indulge" yourself!

At best, your post is "unsportsmanlike conduct". At worst, it's just juvenile taunting best suited for a school playground. I have no problem with what was done...sadly it was necessary...but there's no excuse, or need, for your response.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

rmoore wrote:
jbushart wrote:
Please bear with me while I indulge myself.... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

No Mr. Bushart. I'll be damned if I will just sit quietly while you "indulge" yourself!

At best, your post is "unsportsmanlike conduct". At worst, it's just juvenile taunting best suited for a school playground. I have no problem with what was done...sadly it was necessary...but there's no excuse, or need, for your response.

It might not have been proper protocol for James to do this but I do agree with what he said .
Dave Bottoms has done just what he wanted to do hurt NACHI.
Dave has been malicious and vindictive from the get go.It is so unfortunate that it has come to this , now many of the public can not make post's, ask questions and get answers.
Dave has made many posting on the Canadian Canuk list belittling NACHI and has never helped one person on the NACHI site .
You can be sure he and a few who fed him material are gloating.
The Canadian organization are upset to see how well NACHI is doing in Canada with their helping all inspectors.

Thanks James.

My opinion others might disagree.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Like the Misc. forum has been for some time, non members may read the tech forums, Misc, Nachi, State Legislation, etc. but will only be able to post in the tech forums.

There is now a forum called "Spam" where the detractor posts, arguing posts by the likes of Elaine, Dave B., Ed, etc. will be moved in no particular order if they show up in the tech forums.

Now maybe we can get back to civility, except when we bash one another! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

bwiley wrote:
Like the Misc. forum has been for some time, non members may read the tech forums, Misc, Nachi, State Legislation, etc. but will only be able to post in the tech forums.

There is now a forum called "Spam" where the detractor posts, arguing posts by the likes of Elaine, Dave B., Ed, etc. will be moved in no particular order if they show up in the tech forums.

Now maybe we can get back to civility, except when we bash one another! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

The part that hurts us the most is I expect we will loose those who had great information for us all to use and enjoy.
I can think of two in particular.
I do hope that they register and continue to help all it is much appreciated .
I have received a private Email from Dave and he seems to be ecstatic.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

We didn’t do this because of Dave, we could have easily blocked him. With over 6000 members, it is time for this to be the members board. We had many members who didn’t want to watch the whining and sniping of the nonmembers.

We will still be able to receive information in the tech. forums from those truly interested in helping our members. We just won't have to wade through the Dave and Ray arguments, Gil's crapola, or other swipes and snipes by the regular detractors.

This is for NACHI, not the nonmembers.

And if Ray decides to join, he can tell us all he wants about Dave. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: ktrice

This is a great move on nachi’s part to stop people from getting on this bulletin board and trashing its members and the organization. I have recently stopped looking at the board because of all of the crap that was being placed on it by non-members. This is should make this forum worth reading again for all of us.

Ken Trice “MAB-MEMBER”

918-855-4484

NACHI Oklahoma Chapter President

www.tricehomeinspections.com

www.superteesembroidery.safeshopper.com

Originally Posted By: jeubank

This is a good step in a professional direction for NACHI. Inspectors are welcome to join and contribute, and to criticize in a way that leads to positive change. Nonmembers are welcome to read and learn. Thanks to the folks who made this needed change!

Inspected once, inspected right throughout southern Colorado

www.eubankinspections.com

Originally Posted By: lewens

Finally, some peace and quiet on the home front.

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/