Hello, All

Originally Posted By: John Montgomery
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings. I was referred here by a friend, recommending I check out this site and career line. I’ll admit, I’m not sure what to expect as this is new so bear with me.

A little info on myself. I currently reside in Manchester, New Hampshire, am 36 years old and am currently an aircraft tech for Delta Airlines. With all that's going on, recently announced pay cuts and benefit reductions, I'm looking for something else. Time really isn't on my side so I have to do something. I'm also not afraid to relocate providing the distance isn't too bad. (I won't go to California, the deep south, etc.)

I'm going to take the online test probably tomorrow morning when it's quiet here, the son at school and the wife working. After that, I'll be in need some advice. If anyone near me wants to take me as a ride-along I'd like to try it out just to see what this is all about and to get a feel.

Well, I've about bored you all enough for now. It's nice to meet you all and I look foward to whatever help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Whats your middle name? icon_smile.gif

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dbush

John, our Education Committee Chairman and President of the New England Chapter of NACHI lives just south of you. His name is Gerry Beaumont and his email address is education@nachi.org, I recommend you contact him to see what he can do to help you.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: jmurray

rwashington wrote:
Whats your middle name? ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

I should ask, what might be your's?

--
"A little less conversation and a little more action"!

Originally Posted By: fmagdefrau

What’s wrong with the deep south ?

FedX is right in the middle of it. My neighbors works there as an airplane mechanic and he says he makes anywhere from 85,000 to 110,000 a year for the last 10 years with great benefits.

My advice is to stick with what you know and relocate then transfer if you want.

But hey if you want to be a home inspector, take the pay cut transfer to the night shift work 18 hours a day to build your biz then with a little luck you might can leave Delta on your terms not theres.

Frank

Originally Posted By: John Montgomery

First up, my middle name is Cochran so I’m NOT a famous country singer…although I wish!

And the thing on Fed Ex. I have applied to them but I've yet to recieve a response. If nothing else, I wanted to look into NACHI for at least a second job that I can do on my own. I do hope Fed Ex replies soon although I understand it takes awhile.

And I've lived in Atlanta, Alabama and Tennessee at different parts of my life. I just have a hard time with the heat AND humidity, neither of which set well with me.
Thanks, all, for the advice.