Hello.. I'm here..

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lowly guys that will not drink the nacho kook aid like me cannot post on the other BB section.:twisted:
Why do you think Nick posts lies and false info about other orgs.where others cannot respond…:roll: :roll:

Members are required to pay 90.00 more…:roll: :roll:
From what I read, The truth is, ASHI was paying ins for the chapters, [nowhere do I see members are required to pay 90.00] for years, in AZ that amounts to less than 1.00 per chapter member, does nick pay your chapter ins., or better yet, does your chapter even have ins to protect the assets of members that volunteer to better org, for free?:roll:

Members work for free?
I believe members of all orgs work for free in many capacities to better our profession…
Does your org tell you to charge local org expenses on your credit card and the org will reimberse you.
Does your org reimburse you for any agreed expenses you, the volunteer may occur, or are there excuses, less that agreed reimbursement payed, when the time comes for your org to pay up committed reimbursements. leaving that member with unpayed , by your org expenses to pay on their own ??

Paid employees are part of any business or large professional org.
Creating a budget and spending according to $s coming in is a part of business.
Balancing the budget, and adjusting as needed is smart business…:roll:
Do you have a say where your dues go… do you have a clue if your org has any $s at all…:roll: :roll:
Do you know the budget $s for your org for the next year??:roll:

Does your org have full time employee’s committed to promoting your org in a professional manner, do you have a say on how they represent you, the dues paying member? …

Can, or will the paid employees of your org give you an honest answer on how many members your org has, can your contact the treasure of your at any given time to find out where your org stands financially ??

Does your org give your chapter $s from new members dues, to help the new inspector use towards their local chapter dues?

Does your local org chapter offer free mentoring, from local inspectors to all new inspectors, just for the asking???

Does your org, and volunteers, or org paid employees promote you, the inspector, in a professional manner to the consumer, or does your org promote your orgs. owner interests over the dues paying members??

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Poor Dan!:(:(:(:(:frowning:

More lies

“why do you think Nick posts lies and false info about other orgs.where others cannot respond…:roll: :roll:”

See This

If you want the TRUTH check out the article on the inspectorsjournal …

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ohhh. dang it… I forgot a couple major items…
Does your org owner promise member benefits, just to get more members/#s and never deliver, or make excuses why the benefit cannot be delivered after you joined/ payed your $s ???

Are you as an experienced inspector, that made the commimentent to better your self in our profession, forced to compete with other “certified” inspectors that, may be long gone, and are still listed as a “certified” inspector on your inspector locator site , or that inspectors, only qualificiations may be taking an on line quiz.??

Dan the Man asked…

Some do work for free by serving on committees, others are paid employees who are administrators, secretaries, et cetera. Some are given an honourarium for their services.

Don’t know but I would imagine at some point either a director or committee chair might have to pay for something on behalf of the association. In most cases it would be cash or the members credit card.

Yes.

NO!

No not really, only because we know renvenues are down and membership is down, but revenues are shown as being higher.

Yes, but we have not seen any fruits of the labour. As to represent me, no they do not represent me because they can’t represent themselves. Apathetic membership, abuse of proxies et ceteras.

That would have to be a NO!

No

Depends. Most I know charge a fee for the privilege.

They promote the organization.

And I am not talking about NACHI!

So now how do you respond?

Dan the Man asked…

Some do work for free by serving on committees, others are paid employees who are administrators, secretaries, et cetera. Some are given an honourarium for their services.

Don’t know but I would imagine at some point either a director or committee chair might have to pay for something on behalf of the association. In most cases it would be cash or the members credit card.

Yes.

NO!

No not really, only because we know renvenues are down and membership is down, but revenues are shown as being higher.

Yes, but we have not seen any fruits of the labour. As to represent me, no they do not represent me because they can’t represent themselves. Apathetic membership, abuse of proxies et ceteras.

That would have to be a NO!

No

Depends. Most I know charge a fee for the privilege.

They promote the organization.

And I am not talking about NACHI!

So now how do you respond?

Do other associations give free speech to all or do they censor you and do everything in secret.?
What does a CE class cost at ASSY?
Why do their members come here to learn more about the inspection profession?
Why are their members so obsessed with the workings of another association?
Why do they sell their souls to agents for a couple bucks?
Where does all the ASSY money go?
Is it true they are so afraid of real competition that they will not allow members paying dues to call them selves members till they carry some other guys jock strap for 250 inspections while the bitter guy trys to talk them out of going into business.
Is it true ASSY is getting desprate over their shrinking membership.

Looks like you’re about to be put in a bad mood again, Bob. Better grab the Glen’ 18, a tumbler, and a bucket of ice 'cause it looks like it’s going to be a long night for you! :wink:

-R-

ASHI members themselves were never asked to pay a penny extra, nor have dues increased to cover an extra expense.

Nope…but they were advised to expect a reduction in benefits and activities.

[/quote]

I assume your talking about ASHI in Canada.
If so… Some people bitch and moan and expect every body else to do the work it takes to make an org succeed…
Some people after 50 or 60 even 70 years still believe in Santa Clause:roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG>

I assume your talking about ASHI in Canada.
If so… Some people bitch and moan and expect every body else to do the work it takes to make an org succeed…
Some people after 50 or 60 even 70 years still believe in Santa Clause:roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG>
[/QUOTE]

Dan,
If I believed in Santa Clause, I would probably believe somewhere, something you have to say might be meant in a positive sense.

No Dan I am not talking about ASHI in Canada, keep guessing.

Put another way ASHI is well managed and actually appears to do more for its members, but the association I am referring to comes up short repeatedly and has for years.

Can you guess which association?

I know David knows, and others know. :wink:

Honestly I don’t know. Glad it’s not ashi:)
I recall you and cookie talking about another org. on the Ca section about a Canadian org. never paid that much attention to the name…
If your a nacho and an ashi guy… how many masters can you serve?:wink:
</IMG></IMG>

Actually, members were asked to pay extra for ASHI’s branding campaign. And not even asked in a nice way, at that. Members were told that they would pay extra for branding, basically increasing their dues for that year. When half the membership dropped out because they refused to pay extra for branding, dues were subsequently increased the next year but the branding campaign was dropped. I was one who dropped out at that time, although the required payment for branding was only one of many reasons. The next year they asked me back, and although they asked me back with a nice invitation at 50% of the cost of new members, I did note that the dues had increased sufficiently so that 50% of the cost of new members was exactly what I had paid for my first year membership. Hmmmmmmm. When I joined ASHI in October 2001, they claimed to have 6,400 members. Sccott Patterson, a big ASHI guy, said over on inspectionnews.com that membership dropped as low as 3,200 members, and according to ASHI members back in December 2006, membership was up to something like 3,600.

ASHI north did the same thing. Increased fees substantially and then under delivered big time! Then proposed and charged Special Assessments. Charge more and jerk members around by promising more, gooder services. Yeah okay I’ll buy into that! DUH!

Do other associations give free speech to all or do they censor you and do everything in secret.?
Other associations allow free speech, providing the information is beneficial to other members and does not damage the professional appearance to the public 1000s of inspectors have worked hard to maintain over 30 yrs.
What does a CE class cost at ASSY?
Cost is based on cost of providing the CE and maintaining the HI org.
Honestly, one that attends a CE seminar with inspectors that have years of experience, the value of the CE just from chatting with those inspectors exceeds any $ numbers.
Why do their members come here to learn more about the inspection profession?
:roll: :roll: From what I gather most come here for a little humor after a long day of inspecting.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Why are their members so obsessed with the workings of another association?
All inspectors are part of this profession. Unprofessional reprensenation to the public hurts all inspectors.
Why do they sell their souls to agents for a couple bucks?
Not aware any body or org sells themselves more than any body regardless of org affiliation…
Where does all the ASSY money go?
Every year for the past 5 yrs, at the annual convention I received a total accounting of where our $s went, and where they are planned for the future.

Is it true they are so afraid of real competition that they will not allow members paying dues to call them selves members till they carry some other guys jock strap for 250 inspections while the bitter guy trys to talk them out of going into business.
It is true ASHI does, prior to marketing an inspector as “certified” that inspector must meet and verifys the inspector did meet] the same requirements other inspectors met for that privilege/ title…
Talk them out of business.? Any experienced inspector will tell the facts to new inspectors about what is involved, re: our liability/ responsibility to the consumer. If telling the truth/ proven facts, opposed to bleeding all the $s from a new inspector is talking them out of business, maybe that inspector needs to think a little more about joining this profession.
Is it true ASSY is getting desperate over their shrinking membership.
Every monthly reporter shows just the opposite, from what I read monthly there are an average of 50 plus inspectors joining ASHI monthly.
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Question for experienced inspectors, that completed your non-verified requirements to be "certified’ from a non-lic. state.

If your favorite aunt nelly from bedrock usa, calls you for a referral, can you , in good faith, tell her to search your hi locater, tell her all your fellow members met the same requirements , and all of those inspectors in her city, their requirements were verified by your org , as yours were to be marketed as “certified” ???

At least you have presented part of the “truth” dharris.

The other “truth” is that the new “Associate” ASHI inspector is permitted to do 250 inspections with no training, testing or other requirements beyond sending in a check.:stuck_out_tongue:
That is the one of the glaring problems with your beloved association.:(:frowning: