Help, I need a commercial (only) inspection reporting software

Let us know when it is available.

1 Like

Any idea on when the Commercial Template will be available Kenton and an estimate of what it’s gonna cost me.

2 Likes

Hoping to complete it by the end of 2021 for availability as templates for HG and HIP

1 Like

I’ve got a pretty good idea why, Jeff. There’s a whole bunch of different kinds of inspections that fall under the term "commercial"or “light industrial”. You gotta figure out how to develop a template that will include narratives for most of them, and then how to organize them. After a year and half it’s hard to talk about it without fucking swearing.
So, my approach has been to create a large, really large template that contains narratives for many types of commercial / light industrial buildings. Those who purchase my template will make a duplicate, and then delete those sections that don’t apply to the office building, the warehouse, the loading dock, the apartment building, hotel, etc, that they’re inspecting. From then on, they’ll have a custom template for that type of inspection with years of thought put into those narratives.
So… once you start a bitch like this, eventually you discover that you’ve spent so much time that you are obligated to finish it or you will have wasted all the time you’ve put into it, and you realize why no one has ever done it before… It’s an extremely complicated, boring, hard to figure out, years-long project, requiring constant work and advancement, that you don’t know will ever sell. It’s never been done before so there’s no guidelines. The whole commercial inspection is still being figured out (CCPIA is relatively new, many inspectors use ASTM).
It isn’t much fun and I’m guessing that’s why you haven’t heard much about Keith Swift’s commercial version.
But it’s cool, I keep plugging away!

3 Likes