Help on resizing pictures

Originally Posted By: ltrower
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I had a computer crash and lost Microsoft program for resizing pictures. I have not been able to find it on MS. I know someone posted it last week but I can’t find it. Would you please re-post it again.

Thanks

Lee Trower

Originally Posted By: jpeck

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

Scroll down on the right side to ImageResizer.exe , that is the one you want.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: ltrower

Jerry,

I thank you very much, that is just what I needed. I had to reformat my computer and lost everything I was working on. This was a very important little program for me.

Lee

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Someone fill me in on where the program goes after downloading it? I’ve installed and reinstalled about 5 times and can’t locate where it went to. It says “loading into default location”. Where the heck is that? I ran a search on my computer for “MS image resizing tool” and all I get is the file for installation. I just want to get a shortcut key on my desktop for it.

Thanks.

Kevin

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tallen

Kevin,

The resize option will automatically show up in a drop down menu when you right click on a picture.

Hope this helps.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Or just go to file manager, highlight one or more files (photo files), right click, go down to resize and select your options. I take my photos in the default setting of 2048xwhatever, transfer to my notebook, highlight all the photo files, re-size them down to 640x480, with just one click, they all re-size, don’t even have to open them.

You may also have a bug prohibiting it from loading properly.

My old notebook, before it fully crashed, had a minor crash, I reloaded things and that would never load. Then my hard drive went, I replaced the hard drive, restored with the restore disks, reloaded everything, and then the re-sizer loaded properly.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Thanks for the help…it was there all along…I had no idea that’s where it went…I have the MS power tool calcualtor and it has it’s own shortcut to work. I just assumed that it worked in the same way. icon_redface.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector