Help us test a new way to use the education you've earned as a marketing tool

This is what the CMI designation is suppose to do. Show the difference between someone who has been doing this for a while as well as indication they are someone who has gone on to pursue additional education and experience. I will pass on this. Ive read some websites that go one adnauseam about themselves and sat in classes where the first 45 minutes was devoted to the instructor telling the class what a superb inspector they were. Might be good for some but not my cup of tea.

Hey folks,

I’ll post an updated transcript later this week. Looking into ways to address the issues brought up in this thread.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the transcript. All mine are correctly listed. This will be a nice feature to place on my site. I am going to create a PDF of each certificate and place it on the pages as well.

Thanks to everyone involved in providing the educational resources.

Chris,

Any update on this, or the issues mentioned? I have noticed that a couple of courses that were originally on my transcript are no longer showing.

Jeff

More ditto

I also have at least three course completed not on the list. I wouldnt participate either. Why show off what you havent done? Also as everyone said why use a list that doesnt display all courses you have taken not just the NACHI courses. I have taken many courses outside of NACHI because of OHIO’s rules. Just my opinion, everyone has one!:wink:

I would just hope that NACHI isn’t viewing this as a vehicle to pressure people to buy more training through public pressure/scrutiny.

The training is excellent. We use it because it’s valuable. Lets not change that.

Agreed

Agreed

Chris, I like the concept, but it needs to read correctly. Some of the courses I have taken are not listed, nor are they in my log in section under the education certificates.

Hey folks,

Sorry about the delayed response! It seems like there were two issues brought up with the transcript:

1. It doesn’t list education not provided by InterNACHI.
  2. It doesn’t differentiate between required education and optional courses.

We’ve decided to leave #1 as it is. This transcript is meant to show verifiable education provided by InterNACHI. You’re more than welcome to include a list of other courses/education on the same page as your transcript, but it won’t be included in the transcript widget itself. In the future we may release a widget that lists your entire education log, and I’ll post more information on it here when we begin to develop it.

The new transcript now differentiates between required education, upcoming requirements, and optional courses. This is based on the requirements listed on the [n=membership]membership page[/n] and is checked against your join date. So, for example, if you joined 20 days ago, the Structural course will be displayed as a “Future Requirement” but if you joined 2 months ago it will be listed under the “Required Courses” section.

I’ve done some testing of the new code, but not a ton, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few bugs crop up. Just let me know when you come across one.

Here it is:

http://www.nachi.org/my-transcript.htm

Also, remember that it’s completely optional to use the transcript. If you don’t like it, don’t use it. But also be aware that we are starting to more actively monitor educational compliance, so if you haven’t met your requirements, this might be a good opportunity to get up to date.

Cheers,

Chris,
How about the “bug” that not all courses I completed over the last couple years are showing as completed?
Jeff

Jeff,

Did you take them all using your InterNACHI username and password? If so, please e-mail me so I can figure out what’s up. The system is pulling from a bunch of different databases on several servers, so it might take a little tweaking to ensure that it picks up the data from each version of the exam/education systems that we’ve used.

Chris,
Email sent.
Jeff