Help Wanted. Volunteer message board moderators of non-members wanted.

Moderate the Moderators!:roll:

As I sit back and look at this I think that this was the intent all along!

This is just one big joke and the laugh is on NACHI!

[FONT=Arial]I have been a member for five plus years and in all those years I have NEVER seen Non member post on this section.

This section was visible to “Non Members” AKA “The Public” and they could read but…. They could not post.

I “reported” Post # 91 that was posted by a Non Member on this the “Misc Section” and what happens???

Nothing except… I get a ration of baloney from our bleeding hearts / weak sisters who believe that “Non Members” AKA the public can and should be allowed to trash us out on OUR message board any time day or night!

One accuses me of “holding up” the post in question for THREE DAYS! I guess that he looked into his Magic Eight Crystal ball and came up with that answer!

So…. The bottom line is…… Nothing has changed…. It is the same old…same old!

But wait…. NOW… we have a New Forum called…. Report A Post … where YOU / ANYONE can report a post and the bleeding hearts / weak sisters will come and complain about you for reporting a “Bug” in the system!
[/FONT]

I have offered my 32 years worth of diversified roofing experiences for free on this forum and many others, because it is in the sharing, that I continue to grow.

I would be so offended if your suggestion were considered a viable alternative, that I would immediately eliminate this forum from my list to participating in.

Since not all home inspector have a working trade back ground, is it not beneficial for true professional contractors to be considered as qualified contributors to this forum?

I don’t receive any gratuitous acknowledgment for sharing my first hand experiences on this forum, not even the option to post a signature link for the back-link juice it would add to my company website. This is the only professional forum that I participate in that does not get me points from the bots spidering the content and increasing my websites Google rankings, yet I still have continued to share in good faith, my experiences and advice and links to additional education sites for more information.

Ed

Why the change of heart all of a sudden Frank…just curious…

It seems that moderating the message board is a touchy subject. I personally like the idea of minor moderation. So what does this moderation avoid? Well look at a couple of our biggest non-member posters.

Speedy Petey. Out of his last 500 posts, they were ALL in the electrical section. Helpful with the occasional quip.

Dan Harris. Lots of friends on the board but I couldn’t find the last helpful post. Almost every one of them was aimed at Nick and “Nacho” and how unqualified members of our organization are. Haven’t found a helpful one.

Marc Shunk. Most posts are electrical related but he touches in a number of areas. Helpful with the occasional quip.

Ed Fako. A variety of posts most helpful. No attacks on Nachi or the membership. Helpful with the occasional quip.

Ray Wand. Nothing else to say. The biggest reason for moderation.

So whats wrong with keeping the helpful posts and moving the remaining posts to a members only section of “blocked posts” so the membership can decide if a moderator is out of line?

Remember this moderation affects non-members only. There is nothing to keep members from continuing their rants except the Ethics Committee as it has always been.

Well written and to the Point!

I fully agree!

[FONT=Arial]What “change of heart”?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Jeff,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Your picture is so small that I can’t tell if you are a Security Guard or a Prison Guard. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Can you clarify? [/FONT]

It seems that you were in favor of the moderating, when it first came about. Now you seem to be opposed to it, saying it has made NACHI a joke, etc. I was just wondering why the different attitude now? Thats all. Or did I completely misunderstand? Always a possibility!!!

Why does it matter, or are you going to start bashing him now to Frank? Someone questioned you, and you reply with that? Maybe you could reply in alls caps or really big type like you always do when someone questions you.

And now I’m sure I’ll be questioned for questioning the questioner.

Well you won’t get a red. :mrgreen:

Home owners and expectant inspectors-to-be come on here with legitimate questions, and generally receive intelligent replies. “Moderation” has already stifled that process, no new non-member input since Friday.
Is that the way you’all want to go?

John Kogel
www.allsafehome.ca

Jeff,
The reason that I think this is “one big joke” is because I have been a member of NACHI since January 2004.

• During those last five plus years the “miscellaneous section” has always been closed to any postings except from NACHI members.

When the "new format was implemented I noticed that a nonmember had posted in this section.

• Seeing what I thought was a “Bug” in the system I “reported” this post to our “IT section/Chris Morrell”.
  • What became of it?
  • Absolutely nothing!
  • The post by the nonmember remained and still remains visible in the “Members Only Miscellaneous Section”.

To top that off at one of our members posted false information that;

1. I was a moderator.

2. I "held up " some poor innocent victims post-for three days!

3. I was chastised because this poor innocent victim’s post did not contain slander, libel, or anything else worthy of deletion!

Now remember… I was reporting a “bug in the system” and nowhere, and I repeat no where did I state that the nonmembers post was libelous in any way shape or form!

• So … the post by a nonmember in the miscellaneous section remained, was never deleted, and all I got was a ration of baloney by those who take glee in attacking every little thing that I say!
  • So my opinion is that this has been an effective and completely useless!

The new “report a post” forum is a joke and only opens the door for more worthless endless debate!

I hope that this clears us up for you.:wink:

It sounds like you are truly unhappy / miserable and maybe you got out of the wrong side of the bed!

I hope that “You Have a Nice Day”:wink:

Frank…ok, I was mistaken…it seemed that you were for moderators, and then not. You are simply not happy with the system put in place to moderate. I was just asking…no biggy…but thanks for explaining!

To answer your question, neither. I am the Chief Deputy, or in some states, they call them “Undersheriffs”, at a Sheriff’s Office. It is a small picture, the one off my ID card!

I get it Frank, you have been a member since Januaryy of 2004. Does that make you any better than the rest of us? Maybe, maybe not. My point is in alot of your posts you come off as one that is trying to one up the next guy. That’s all.

I hope you have a nice day as well.:smiley:

I replied to another of your posts in another thread as well but this explanation can explainthat also.

[FONT=Arial]Jeff,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thanks for the explanation! Stay Safe! :p[/FONT]

I hope that it was something “NICE”!:stuck_out_tongue:

I have 91 E-Mails to answer and… I have 37 “NACHI posts” appear in my mail box.

I have not had time to read them all!

If you stop and think about it… I am NOT your enemy!

Have a Nice Day! :wink:

Oh snap!

Which village in Washington state is missing it’s idiot today?:roll:

Come on Michael, let’s be a little more creative. JB just used that one. :roll:

Ah, but it fits so well.:smiley: