Help. We're going to create a _____ Inspector of the Year award for the industry.

C’mon. Not the same. The Hall of Fame is just a small recognition of people who did something good for the inspection industry. Nothing horribly official or anything. If you know someone who helped others, let’s put him/her in there. Why pee on someone’s parade especially when so many inspectors agree that those inductees have helped countless home inspectors and their businesses.

As an inspector of the year, hall of fame nominee, and future CMI, I don’t see any reason to get all worked up about the details, they’ll take care of themselves :slight_smile:

One criteria could be an inspector who contributes to the furtherment of the professionalism of our entire industry. CMI designations should reflect a minimum of three (3) multiple building trades disciplines as determined by the board. This might include general contracting, infrared training, ICC professional membership and/or a degree in engineering, architecture or related discipline that warrants the experience required for this highest of designations…? As I’m the only Nachi certified inspector in Marin County, CA I’m all in with the earlier recommendations… :slight_smile:

That’s not a bad idea. OK, so we don’t require CMI, but we borrow CMI’s requirements for the Inspector Hall of Fame: 3 years in business and 1,000 inspections or CE hours (combined). Anyone object?

Certifications become kind of cliche if used too much.

Years ago I went to a NARI meeting and a guy there had about 4 or 5 certs on his name tag. At the time I had 6 remodeling industry related honors but not displayed on my name tag. It all became too much so after getting into an argument with the NARI directors I started using EIEIO about 6 years ago.

(EIEIO) Excellence In Everything I Offer
I have bestowed that on people in 4 other countries.

I see it as a goal, meaning I must always try to be an EIEIO because like many people I sometimes slack off a bit. EIEIO is not for anything you’ve done, its for what you achieve to do.

Anybody that belongs in a home inspector Hall of Fame would probably have over 2500+ inspections and probably over 1000 hours of education. Those CMI numbers mean little to those at the top of the profession that would be worthy of a true Hall of Fame.

I agree in part. But on the other hand some inspectors without the 2500 inspections may be trailblazers and add as much or more to the profession if compared to someone who has done 10,000 inspections but just shows up.

To each his own but we should look at this in a broader sense, a bigger picture. Hall of famers will show up but we have to start somewhere.

You start at the TOP and go down. You don’t start in the middle and go both directions.

HALL OF FAME. The best of the best of the best.

w a f i ???

Exactly.

Damn, I’m getting kicked out of the hall of fame already…I feel like Pete Rose.

It’s ok though, I’m still a future CMI…future hall of famer… New York Inspector of the Year (tentatively) …and the InterNACHI Member of the Year (also tentative)… all joking aside these things are nice, but i’m trying to concentrate on getting radon and mold certified here in NY so I can boost my profits with additional services…and i’m working like a dog to get just a handful more inspections a week…half a dozen more plus mold and radon and i’m right where I want to be.

Do you miss him?

Nope.

So what do you want to do? Borrow CMI’s requirements for Inspector of the Year awards?

5 years in Inspection business… 250 hours verifiable Inspection education… AND 2,500 **FULL **Home Inspections (Partial inspections count as 1/4 inspection). Extra credit for Commercial inspections, but do not replace required Home Inspections.

That’ll be the next undertaking …The Hall of Shame.

Are we talking here about the hall of fame or the ??? inspector of the Year?

Didn’t you say that for the hall of fame it didn’t have to be an earth shaking accomplishment, just something that added to the profession in a positive way?

For the ??? Inspector of the Year award, perhaps area chapters should vote/decide who is deserving in their area. I could not see myself deciding that Joe in Florida is more deserving than Sally in Florida when I live in Alberta.

oh, god, your taking inspector of the year away from me too? next your going to tell me i’m not getting InterNachi Member of the Year. Some times I think you build me up only to tear me down.

Who are you, and why are you spamming our Message board? :neutral: