help

Hired a home inspector that is internachi certified. He is on this website. Already paid him and he was supposed to send a pdf report with the thermal imaging pics. I went through the inspection report booklet he gave me and there are so many discrepancies that don’t apply to my house. I called him to find out what happened and he said he used a book that already had writing in it so some things don’t apply to my home. This report is useless now. What should I do?

Ask for the report to be correctly prepared.

The booklet is not the report is it?

Many of us give a book called “now that you have had a home inspection” covering many house issue but it is never intended to be a report detailing the condition of the property.

What did he say when you told him his report was useless and had many discrepancies in it that don’t pertain to your house?
Did he fulfill the agreement that you two areed upon before the inspection?

Most of the inspectors here want happy clients, as best as is possible.

I hope you can work it out with him so you both are happy with the results.

Is this what he gave you?

If the inspection is as bad as you say then .

I would ask him to do a proper home Inspection immediately or to give you your money back so you can get a proper inspection .

Request your money back or a full report that pertains to your home.
Report his name to FastReply@nachi.org if no response to your request.

How do I file a complaint against a home inspector?

InterNACHI takes consumer complaints very seriously. If you would like to discuss an issue you had with a home inspector, please email InterNACHI’s founder, Nick Gromicko, directly, at nick@internachi.org.