Here come the utility rate increases

Happen to see First Solar’s earnings today? Not looking good, yet the stock keeps going up and up. Either some people know something we don’t, or the speculators are just driving it up.

JJ

That’s an understatement.

We cannot compete against effective slave labor in China.

But we do have our own natural gas, oil, coal and uranium. Hmmm!

Think you missed the point Micheal. The company losses money almost every quarter.

JJ

Didn’t miss anything.

I gave the reason why we can’t compete.

Why does Obama prop up these companies?

I’m not really interested in why anyone else might want me to save energy. I have my own reasons.

From December 2009 to December 2011 (24 months), I have implemented mechanical upgrades and weatherization projects in my own home that have reduced my overall heating bill by 52%.

When I make extra money I can only keep that part that is not taxed by federal and state governments … but when I take money that used to go to my utility company and put it into my own pocket, I get to keep ALL of it.

Funny thing about it is … my federal and state governments are presently paying me (in rebates and tax incentives) to make improvements that allow me to keep more of my own money. I don’t suppose that this will last for long but while it does, I’m not turning it down. Nice to get some of my own money back from the government instead of seeing it spent subsidizing the oil companies.

I have a utility company that pays me my full fee so that they can offer my home performance analyses to their customers for free. Want to know how they get the money to pay me? From the increased rates that they are charging their customers. Those who take advantage of the program are breaking even at the expense of those who don’t.

As for me, I get paid to help others reduce their energy use while I get to keep more of my own money by reducing my own … along with the rebates and tax incentives. I love it.

So … blame the president if you like. Protect or condemn any business entity that you wish. It changes nothing.

Many people will care more about their waste of energy in the home in the days to come when they will be pre-paying the utility companiesfor service by swiping their bank cards through the specially designed meters. No more “monthly” bills or budgets … but, instead, pay as you use it. Running out of electricity a week before payday can be pretty darned inconvenient, dontcha think?

The day is coming … and is not that far away … when purchasing fuel for your home will be done in much the same manner in which you buy fuel for your vehicle. Suddenly, the fuel efficiency of the home will take immediate precedence over the view of the lake, school district, landscaping or most other considerations.

By that time, most of the positive incentives for improvement upgrades will be gone.

Gee, I wonder where the money cones from to pay Jim’s incentives and rebates? :roll:

Obama steals it from WI residences and gives it to MO residences. :twisted:

JJ

some of your money is in there too goofball.

Nothing is free and I’ll bet part of it had to be borrowed from the Chinese.

Take a math class.:roll:

That is what they want you to believe.

I read over at obamahatesthepackers.com that he takes revenues from Wisconsin farmers and gives it to Missouri residences for weatherization, wind generators and solar farms.

Their site will be back up in a few days. Obama had a seal team go in and take out the server, but they have a new location they are setting up.

JJ

That’s why Mike is so frustrated. Obama is taking his money and giving it to Bushart who is a staunch supporter. I may have to support Obama in the upcoming election to get some of that Wisconsin money in Illinois. We just spent the last of our funds for a new place in Colorado for Blago.:mrgreen:

I hope he sent you a thank you note. :wink: