Hey everyone. What legal documents would you like to have our Legal Dept draft up?

Most agents here already use a disclaimer about too cold to check A/C. Perhaps NACHI needs one.

SOP review? So many state requirements these days…

OK. I’ll have them create one.

Yes, first a nice letter, then a nasty legal letter!

Nick I’m seeing a lot about “pre-offer” agreements. Realtors here are recommending them to their clients in lieu of a full inspection. Need an outline defining what is required legally. An agreement would be helpful defining the responsibilities. I’m not inclined to believe this is good for the industry as I feel it is another way the RE industry is attempting to limit our scope of involvement and protect their interests.

Rick, Post anything you can about it so that Mark has an understanding of what to do.

Tim and I live in an area where there is no such thing as winterizing pools.

My only (minor) complaint with all inspection training (Nachi and non-Nachi) is pools tend to be seen as a minor item because on a national average, there aren’t that many.

But in my area, 1/2 of all SFRs I see have them.

How about a combined home and septic inspection, many rural areas the inspector may do both and or a separate septic inspection agreement.

Good one Bruce.

Hey Nick I mentioned this in the MIC forum but I was thinking a form for when you represent both sides similar to the ones RE use if they are seller then bring in the buyer aswell. If you are doing a Pre listing inspection then the buyer decides to use you for their inspection to verify any repairs and perform their buyer inspection might be good to cover the inspector having the clients acknowledge they used the same inspector?