Hey Lewis, how is this not a free speech message board?

Oh, I disagree. But instead of arguing your case all over… let me give all a stat which should dispel your claim that there is some sort of anti-American moderation going on and that those who disagree get kicked out or whatever.

Here is the stat that is pretty tough to go around. For whatever reason… there have only been 5 members in the entire history of our association that have been asked to leave. None have been asked to leave for expressing their opinions within the COE but lets say for argument that we goofed… and after some 400,000 posts and many years of message board operation, we lost our freakin’ minds and kicked out 5 members because of their opinions. That’s a damn near perfect free-speech record. The real truth is that we have an actual perfect record as no one has been kicked out for voicing, even strongly voicing an opinion. All 5 have been asked to return with no questions asked. 1 has accepted.

Now just so you don’t think I’m a one-stat-wonder… I’ll give you one more that destroys your contention. If we were so hung up on your opinion that we kicked you out over it… why didn’t we delete that opinion? We didn’t because your opinion was not the issue. Every post you’ve ever made here is still here.

Hate to pound a finishing nail with a sledge hammer… but you can’t win this won.

Now, I’m personally offering to pay for your membership to rejoin. Will you accept my personal offer? (believe me, I’m going to catch **** for this post 10 seconds after I make it).

If that’s the case, why did you try to defend me by attempting to over rule the decision made by the coe enforcers at that time… :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Dan, what do you and Lewis play chess or what? If I don’t answer I lose the argument to you publicly, if I do answer, my own guys kill me by morning.

What do you suggest I do?

When someone argues against any of your policies or with your appointees, who happen to be in charge of interpreting your COE, most people will end up getting kicked out for violating it. Saying that CMI is a farce because it is possible for a Master designee to never have performed an inspection is the truth, but posting it may be interpreted by your appointees as being in violation of the COE couldn’t it? How does a member object or argue when the people they are arguing with are in charge of the rule book?

I don’t know what to say, I guess the best advise I have is, down a bottle of tequiala tonite and figure it out tormorrow.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice offer Nick.

Dan, I prefer Gin. I’ll start now.

Lewis, you make 2 arguments. Let’s kill the CMI one first. We already agreed that if we saw CMIs applicants coming in with 1,000 hours of CE and no experience, we would change the application rules to require a minimum in each category. We were worried we would see it in Texas where it already takes 440 hours just to get a license. The problem with your argument is that like Ununseptium (look it up), it can exist theoretically, but we haven’t found it. There has never been a CMI applicant with zero experience.

We did find the your Ununseptium’s inverse. And even better, those current applicants with zero formal education yet over 1,000 inspections under their belt, (in an industry where the average inspector has less then 200 inspections under his belt) all had over 2,000 inspections under their belt. In this case, we didn’t view the lack of experience as harshly as the lack of formal education and so therefore accepted their applications as per the current requirements.

Anyway, I think we were correct in our thinking on CMI. www.certifiedmasterinspector.org After 3 years and thousands of posts arguing about it, I’m sure we’re at least fairly correct in our thinking.

As for your other argument, you are incorrect. You can voice almost any comment you want about CMI without violating www.nachi.org/coe.htm as CMI is a separate body not protected by our COE.

My opinions only, your mileage may vary.

Dan was invited back, but couldnt help himself, and was once again removed.

If being an absolute a-hole was a capital crime, Lewis would be on death row.:wink:

Your posts still exist on this message board.:shock:

Now, the genius Lewis thiks CMI is a farce. Too bad really.

Do we miss either as members? I certainly do not. Neither have offered a lick of help to any other member.

Dan has stalked this message board for years, like a malevolent poltergeist. Like the occasional creaking door, we humor him. I’m told that he is a really nice guy, and had hoped to meet him when I was in Arizona last year… but that’s Dan. Really dont have much bad to say about him.:neutral:

Lewis, on the other hand, had a completely different agena here at NACHI. As I recall, Lewis had a particular bent against NACHI members with regard to WDI inspections. :twisted:

But, he was dismissed for other reasons I cant recall. Ironically, the apparent target of his wrath has disappeared, as many of us suspected she would. Too bad, really, that Lewis just couldnt chill out.:neutral:

I guess it was not in his nature to do so.:roll:

Now, he has turned up like a bad penny. What is a bad penny, anyway?:wink:

Furthermore Lewis, nothing you’ve said has been able to overcome post #20.

Again, surely if your voiced opinions were such a problem that we removed you over them… why wouldn’t we remove the opinions themselves. We didn’t, because they aren’t a problem for us.

Because Lewis is unwilling to become part of the solution any reconciliation between him & NACHI would have to be deemed rocky and destined for failure. Try as you might, Lewis is a lot like Peck, Chad, Harris and the others who have gone before him, in that they are unable to focus on the benefits of membership because that are caught up the day to day imperfections that beseech us all.

Regardless of what could be worked out tonight we will continue to make mistakes in the future and guys like this will never be satisfied; I suggest that you move on and don’t take it personal.

Nick, your stats mean little, seeing as it would be pretty hard to justify kicking a member out for disagreeing, at least to many of your members., but like I stated the COE is there to justify almost anything or any reason to get rid of someone. I agree, as I said before, I violated the COE, yet almost every statement that I had made that Bushart gave for kicking me out turned out to be correct didn’t it? When being right is a violation of your COE then something is wrong.

My membership was paid through June 08’ I believe, so there wouldn’t be any need for you to pay for my reinstatement. Coming back wouldn’t change my opinion of the people you have placed in charge of your membership or of Certifications like CMI, or of Bushart’s definition of substantial when it comes to the SOP or stop my arguments for higher standards including proctored exams. Too many of your appointees oppose any higher standards, and too many of your designations and programs bother me ethically, as I have often argued. Bushart and the boys can remain happy in their little circle, it doesn’t seem that there are many left to oppose them, unless they’re hiding in the members only forum.

Thanks for the offer Nick, but no thanks I like it where I’m at aand I wouldn’t want you to upset Bushart and his boys.

Gromicko writes:

Dan Harris then responds:

Dan, you are correct. And I failed. However…

If I ever need a hostile witness (to add credibility) to contradict a claim that this association is my alter-ego and that I have dictatorship power over it, I now know someone who has publicly admitted personal knowledge to the contrary.

Thanks!

Lewis, you claim that you were paid up until June of 08. I’ll take your word for it and offer to personally pay for 2 additional years membership.

What say you?

Dan, with regard to your public admission that you have personal knowledge that I don’t get my way here on important issues… funny you should bring that up. I was on the phone with Joe Farsetta just this afternoon and we some how got off on the subject of how the 2 of us simply don’t agree on many issues but that we both try to work things out with the best interests of the membership in mind.

Joe Burkeson:

Good post as usual. I know that you and I are not big Bill Clinton fans, however he did say something that one can apply to InterNACHI:

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America. "

Thanks again, but no thanks. Poor old Joe F. would have a stroke if I took you up on your offer, then again maybe that would make it worth it, just a joke Joe.

Lewis writes

Good then. Being an honorable man I trust that you will see to it that this offer and rejection, being so pertinent to the “whole truth” regarding your treatment by me, will be included in any existing or future public discussion by you on the matter.

Thanks in advance!

I hadn’t planned on mentioning at all, except maybe in reply to people like Joe Burkeson and David Nice who seem to believe that life without InterNachi would be miserable.

Yet considering the “Whole Truth” I will continue to state that I was kicked out for what I said, posted, and argued, which as with almost anything Bushart and others disagree with, falls under the COE.

Facing expulsion for saying things that may be interpreted by certain individuals who disagree as violations of the COE impedes Freedom of Speech, Bushart would look even more asinine than normal if he stated that he kicked someone out for what they said without it supposedly violating his COE, hence the reliance on the COE as a discipline tool.

I haven’t got InterNACHI to the point where life without it, for someone in the inspection business anyway, would be considered “miserable”… yet. But I’m close (stay tuned… got something big coming this week). It is my master plan though. I confess.

As a frustrated ASHI Chapter president said in a memo on Friday: “He (presumably meaning me, Nick Gromicko) spoiled home inspectors. Prospects all ask to see our list of benefits. Even our regulars talk like they’re being ripped off and want to know what their dues are buying them. Logo usage isn’t enough anymore. Their (meaning InterNACHI) new logo is even better looking than ours.”

Now the mistake made here is to think that I’ve directly done something to make non-members miserable. I haven’t. They’re only miserable when they look over at us.

Were humans all miserable before the invention of the TV, the car, refrigerators, central heat, the cell phone, air conditioning, and the internet? No. But not to have access to them now that they are available… might make one describe his/her situation as miserable.

Now I remember what Lewis is. The Wendy connection helped.

Lewis was not kicked out for anything posted on this board. He posted many, many anti-NACHI rants and rages that went ignored…until he decided to go out on the “other” message boards and, as a member of NACHI, speak for all of us to the public as to his anti-NACHI thoughts.

Such an act is in direct violation of the COE and his dismissal came as a direct result of his actions.

He continues to come here and drop his turds of wisdom, much as he did before, but at least now as he shares his venoumous comments about us on the other message boards…he does so with the same lack of credibility as the other “has beens” like dharris, Jerry Peckerhead and the rest.

Just a bunch of women scorned with a bent against their former lover…

Yes. Bitches. All of them.