Hey Nick, sign me up

Dan

The guy that called you dumb is confused,I personally find you to be very intelligent.
As far as the on line test,you know that alone does not make you certified but you keep coming back to it everytime. Why?

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Danny boy; you are not dumb at all, the only thing missing here that I can see is you need a few friends, and here we are at NACHI.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

Ah that guys cool… most likely a newbie hooked on nicks newest kool aid formula and is just having withdrawels…
Some one needs to get hold of the Granny’s from Walton’s mountain to find the content/ recipe so a new withdrawal pill can be made :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As far as The test alone…
The whole truth… When Nick certified me the only thing I did was pass the quiz, and sign a statement which I believe I faxed to him…
I was not yet state certified nor did I meet ASHI membership requirements.
I believe I had completed maybe 40 or 50 inspections at that time.
I don’t have clue what statement said… must of not been much, as he never asked me if I completed what ever I signed .
I do recall asking him if he needed proof of me completing X amount of inspections or experience before marketing me , his answer was no law requires inspectors to disclose if they have any experence, nor does nachi .

For two years as a member never once did nick ask me for anything else except for 289, since then after talking to over current or former 15-20 nachi members and viewing posts on this BB from current members their experience has been the same.
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

I have a few nachi freinds… must be the wrong ones, as they like me agree nick and his certification is a joke… the only reason they remain is for an additional certification and belive maybe some day nick will deliver some of his promises that will make nachi the only org to belong to.
Gotta talk to them soon and infrom them again, Santas not for real.:wink: :wink:

NACHI - like all associations and organizations - is, in large part what you put into it, and make it.

If you want to do the bare minimum, you can. Sure - the online test isn’t the MCATs, but neither is the NHIE. Yes, there are those who are upset by the marketing of the word “certified”. Many of those have chosen to join other associations for that reason. But that word doesn;t make an inspector, and those who are counting on that to carry the day for them will not be in business long.

Speaking as one who has the appropriate credentials to join any of the assocaitions and/or get the CMI desigantion, I choose to be at NACHI because I have learned more here and my business has benefitted more from members here (RR, Dale Duffy) than the sum total of what I have gleaned from members and BBs of other assocaitions.

The tech threads are very good at other boards, and many members are very experienced and share good knowledge in other places. But there are also a far greater number of old-timers who are entrenched in “way back when” thinking. In the end, I found that the people here more reflected my attitude (although certainly not my personality or beliefs!) and I get more out of my time here.

I have major differences of opinions with leadership here, and I am certainly no blind cheerleader for wither Nick or NACHI.

My point is that all associations - this one included - are what you make them, including CMI. So join one that suits you and make it the best you can.

NACHI is a work in progress constantly improving and adapting to market conditions, if you step back and only view it as it passes by you will always be working on a snapshot in time that may no longer reflect reality; better to go with the flow and stay in present time where the benefits of membership are materialized and results can be realized.

Somebody wake me up. lol

Dan,

I was only telling my members of some inside information I was privy to, that being that Michael plans on ending the one-time, life-time dues for CMI.

For someone not seeking to become a CMI, it doesn’t matter what the dues go up to as they aren’t going to be paying them.

For a member about to become a CMI (a category Jeff Pope said he was in), I just saved them potentially thousands in dues by revealing inside information which tells them how to pay only a 1-time, lifetime fee.

Part of my agreement with Michael is that all CMIs who joined under the 1-time, lifetime deal… get to keep that deal forever.

So as you can see, it was all about saving my members money.

If any association I’m involved with ever needs some quick cash we can always start taking paid ads like the association you belong to does, or raise our dues like that association you belong to does, or charge for approving perfectly good continuing education that our members have to pay for anyway like that association you belong to does, or we could open up a no-entrance-requirement Candidate mill and get them all to pay us dues while all along dumping thousands of totally unqualified inspectors into our markets and encouraging them to go out and screw over poor, unsuspecting consumers like that association you belong to does, or we can charge for a bogus branding campaign that doesn’t work and that brands another entity’s Registered Trademark (oops, forgot to check the USPTO.gov site, huh? :roll: ) like that association you belong to did. And if all that fails, we can just wipe out all our costs by ending all our member benefits and sucker inspectors into paying us dues in return for zero member benefits like that association you belong to does.

[quote=gromicko]
Dan,

I was only telling my members of some inside information I was privy to, that being that Michael plans on ending the one-time, life-time dues for CMI.

For someone not seeking to become a CMI, it doesn’t matter what the dues go up to as they aren’t going to be paying them.

For a member about to become a CMI (a category Jeff Pope said he was in), I just saved them potentially thousands in dues by revealing inside information which tells them how to pay only a 1-time, lifetime fee.

Part of my agreement with Michael is that all CMIs who joined under the 1-time, lifetime deal… get to keep that deal forever.

So as you can see, it was all about saving my members money.

Nick… Maybe I am misunderstanding this post.
From what I read you made an agreement with a person. ie M. R.
After you made that agreement with M.R. he made the agreement for an insurance bonus with an insurance company based on his plans for higher qualificiations for the CMI.

After you made that agreement and after M.R. made that insurance deal you post a last time plea to collect 345.00. ???
The way I read this is send YOU the $s NOW or otherwise some one else will get the $s not to mention if you don’t the qualificiations are going to be a lot tougher and enforced.
Your stating that is saving your nachi members which are suposativly seperate from the CMI. What does that say for the CMI program , are the ones that send you the last ditch effort $s more qualified than the new ones that may join in the future, because they sent you $s opposed to meeting the new requirments that M. R. proposed to the insurance co.??:roll: :roll:

You and I definathy do not think a like. In the past I made 2 agreements [ie sold my business’s,] the last thing I would of done is contact my customers and attempt to get thier $s one last time, as after that agreement those $s and business decisions belonged to the person that purchased my business.

I cannot argue that JP is qualified, but to make a open statment send me your money NOW to **all **that read this open BB :roll: :roll: :roll:

the way i read it was the one time dues expires soon so if join after that you will pay annually… so get in now to save money later…

is it more complicated than that or we making sumthin outta nuttin?

What is to prevent even the one-time only members from being charged dues in teh future, as InterNACHI attempted to do under its brief existence under different leadership?

Those who PAY the dues and who have the VERIFICATION by the “peer review board” are not going to stand for the nonpaying, non-verified members getting equal billing. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool or at best are only kidding themselves, IMO.

You watch. There will be a distinction…a further division…made, within the CMI club. Those who are “verified, paying CMIs” and those who just say they are CMIs. The birth of a “new and improved” credential will come from that…run by Rowan and the rest of the InspectionNews crowd. They will have a place for you, dharris, if you are a good boy.

It has already been done…

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10713

Ahhh bushy… you never know, it appears some nachi members still belive in santa… maybe just maybe santa is real in the form of nick and all the members that bought into his last ditch effort will not have to pay…

Hmm how can that be done when it does cost $s to run a sucessfull org…

As far as being good… I don’t stand a chance, heck I’m not even going to try, as I do recall seeing a post stating CMIs will get free nachi membership, dammed if I would ever consider that as that only gives gromicko more #s , :smiley: :smiley:

Fortunatly my 1500 plus customers already think I meet the master status and refer me… far better marketing than some title that was drempt up and given away by gromicko.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:mrgreen:

I recall seeing a post titled… FREA made a deal with the devil on another BB.
Wonder how long it will be when M. R. wakes up some morning and thinks OMG I made a deal with the devil , no control and $s coming in and now cannot not get out of it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan writes:

You are correct, that BB would be InspectionNaziNews. I understand that CMI was getting some great press over there. But in typical Nazi fashion… the thread disappeared in the night. Sieg Heil.

That thread is also on the ASHI BB. Scott P was asking anyone that has FREA to call in and complain. It appears that it backfired on him as most ASHI members wanted to know why ASHI hadn’t made such a deal. Nick it looks like you are making a lot of new friends at ASHI.

This is what Scott had to say.

I urge everyone who has FREA E&O insurance to contact them and complain about the following:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][size=1]quote: Nick Gromicko
NACHI
NACHI Member
User Name: gromicko

Insane CMI exclusive deal… NO E&O INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES!!!

FREA announced an EXCLUSIVE deal for Certified Master Inspectors today. Due to the superior experience, education and commitment of Certified Master Inspectors (the home inspection industry’s highest ranked professionals)… all Error and Omissions insurance deductibles will be dropped to ZERO for all Certified Master Inspectors in the U.S. and Canada, at no charge to the Certified Master Inspector (CMI), effective immediately. This is an EXCLUSIVE benefit to CMIs, not available to any other inspectors anywhere, as CMIs and only CMIs deserve it.
Many thanks to Michael Rowan, President of the Master Inspector Certification Board and Nigel Bonny, General Counsel for FREA who met today in Boulder, Colorado to hammer out this exclusive CMI benefit.
www.certifiedmasterinspector.org www.frea.com

Last edited by gromicko : 17 Hours Ago at 12:40 AM.

Nicks CMI program is a farce. The requirements are a joke and about half of the now CMI members got in with no requirements. For FREA to offer this only to a person who has done the following is outrageous:
quote: Completing 1,000 fee-paid inspections or hours of inspection-related continuing education (combined) in their lifetime.
Abiding by the industry’s toughest Code of Ethics.
Substantially following a Board approved Standards of Practice.
Submitting to a criminal background check.

Applying for Board certification by signing the affidavit in front of a Notary.
This is a slap in the face to all of us who have supported FREA for the past 10+ years they have been in business. I hope that Nigel Bonny sees his mistake.
[/size][/FONT]Scott Patterson
Spring Hill, TN (Nashville)

At least one of their members has seen the light.

Open letter to anyone who gives a hoot…
I am completely sick and tired of people griping about slick Nick and NACHI.
If all ASHI members don’t get their s*&t together and start competing for membership, our org will be relegated to second or third tier status.
To smugly sit back and constantly say we are the oldest and most revered org is to sit on our butts and let the competition eat our lunch.
There has to be tangible reason to belong to ASHI. Its all well and good to claim to be the best org, but slick Nick’s org is a marketing marvel.
Our web forum sucks…period. Inspectors can join NACHI for a minimal investment and get good web exposure and instant credibility. Did we whiz away so much money on the stupid branding campaign that we cannot afford decent forum and web advertising software?
Why has no one challenged the stupid by-law requiring anyone joining a state chapter to also join ASHI National at great monetary expense?
Superior education, superior web presence, superior public relations, and superior member involvement is what is needed.
I’ll take care of my little corner of the world…you guys get busy with yours.
Marion Peeples

This is where we should be concentrating our efforts and continuing to lead. This is where it’s at.