Hi ratio

Originally Posted By: B Ray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Is thier anyway to get the exact amount of HI in my area and the amount of homes sold per year. I have seen several HI in my area and within the next few years several will retire, just curious what kind of ratio thier maybe.

50 reads and no replies, their has to be somebody that can answer this. I’m leaving Friday to go AHTI training and was just curious how many in my area and how many houses sold per year. Somebody help me… icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bhendry

B Ray,

Not enough information for a complete answer.

Define area. For the HI's - if your area is licensed - look at the Govt. for info. Otherwise do detective work; Internet searches, yellow pages, ask realtors, etc.

For houses sold, look at the board of realtors and public records. You may never know with accuracy how many houses changed hands with trusts and what not.

Regards,

Bill

I’m unsure on how to locate ALL HI in my area, not all are listed in the yellow pages and find an inspector locates only NACHI , was just looking to find all HI in my general area. I had seen a post on this website talking about how many inspectors was in a general area and their was xxx many houses sold that year. Most of the HI in my area SHOULD be looking for retirement within 3-5 years and was curious if the next few years would be tougher than normal for a newbie . I might be able to ride with someone and be able to get all of their business when they retire. Just looking for answer . Thanks for your response.

The area I live in is Hot Springs ,Arkansas. A small area around 100-150,000 in the county.

Hot Springs Arkansas eh?

Look into:

Arkansas Home Inspector Licensing Board. Jay Walker 501-268-3794 or Tom Allen (after 6 p.m. ) http://www.sosweb.state.ar.us

Also look into:

HOT SPRINGS BOARD OF REALTORS? REAL ESTATE IS OUR LIFE
http://www.hotspringsboardofrealtors.com/

Not too sure about that realtor tag line...

Thanks, I have talked to Jay Walker about some items and he sent me some info . What did you mean by Hot Springs,Ar. eh? icon_confused.gif

B Ray,

...didn't mean a thing.

How about "Ah yes - I see now - Hot Springs, AR"?

or "...now I know where to look - Hot Springs, AR, eh?"

Bill

I was just wondering ,I might have brought back some memories or something.

B Ray,

I believe you are working on a homework question for your AHTI class. It is impossible to answer it accurately - like so many other things.

I kind of watch the local realtor association reports of house sales. Their numbers do not include the FSBO's, investor deals and other transactions. But it is a good rough guide for your market share.

I track the competing HI's on a spread sheet. I track everyone that I can identify within 50 miles of me. Only 39% of them interest me. 12% have marketing that I am interested in.

I think I saw that you are/were an electrical contractor. That will help.

Bill

I am an Electrical Contractor , I have 21 years as an residential electrician. Just brainstorming right now, I found out today that their are 2 HI that go to my church, I 'll try to get with them after I get back from my classes ansd see if they can help my .if they are willing. eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Arkansas has a licensing / registration law. Call the Secretary of States Office or The Arkansas Association of Home Inspectors, and get a list of HI’s in your area (after you figure out what YOUR area is). You’ll have to take their test and jump through the hoops before you can do HI’s down there so you better know what the rules are.

The realtors board can give you sales for previous years in your area or the state.

Dan Bowers (Kansas City)

Thanks Dan.