HI training

Originally Posted By: dbozek
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Been searching for some training and found this stuff on line from Folsey-Belsaw institute…anyone ever hear of them or take any courses from them? If so…are they worth the money? It is somewhat difficult for me to travel to another state to take a solid HI course and it does not appear that there are any courses in Ohio…therefore I have been looking into these correspondence type of classes. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: jrice

There are quite a few correspondence courses listed on the NACHI site. Check under Useful links and affiliates on the left side of the screen. Best bet is to get school and class room training. If that is not acceptable or practical then pick a good mail course. Do a search for schools and read those threads for some of the places others have tried.

Good Luck,
Jeff

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

A 3 minute google search for “Home Inspection Training Ohio” shows:

American Home Inspector Training in Ohio
http://www.ahit.com/training/classroom/dates.htm

Hondros College with several locations in Ohio.
http://www.hondros.com/courses/real-estate/home-inspection/

Gotta improve those detective skills!

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: bsmith

I took the Thompson Education Direct course. It’s a very good overview of the business for a home study course. Additional information was needed in certain areas, but overall I liked the course.

Bill Smith

Originally Posted By: bhendry

Dennis,

Do yourself a favor; take the time and go to a school. A good school will surprise you as to what you do not know.

Regards,

Bill

![](upload://6W2YnX4wTESErcMziSzPMju9jcW.gif)