HIP Mobile Rocks

Awesome Guys!! I’m glad you’re liking it so much. Billy/Troy I’ll shoot you another beta with the new summary feature. Click Menu=>Summary when on the main list of sections to flip through all pics & captions with client.

No but not sure why you would assume that.
I report on much more however.

Also go into more detail and explanation.

Looking at my old reports compared to my new is night and day.

Knowledge and experience in the business does that you will see what I mean over time.
Not counting the national forum regulars here as the local guys for the most part spend an average of 3 hours min as well that work my area.

Got the update and look forward to checking it out Dom.

Are you talking more stuff outside the standards?

If you mean more than bare minimum and SOP… yes.

For example?

Bob, would you mind sharing one of your reports?

Not a bad price either…$169.00 at Costco.

Jeff

When using the 7" screen, do you hold it in landscape mode or standard? Which case do you use? Would a case that has a velcro type strap on the back work? Or would some kind of shoulder strap work so both hands are free?

I hold mine in landscape. I have the otterbox case for the Samsung 7.0.

Just curious, why the 7" and not the 10" Samsung?

I used a tablet as well and it was decent. But too hard to hold over the movement of an inspection. I bought a Samsung phone and it is much easier and quicker then even the tablet. Easier to hold and attend to your customers as well. My only issue is freeze ups. at least a few times during an inspection. Wondering if others are experiencing the same?

If you haven’t tried the phone…you should…the movements are that much faster and you are that much more mobile. Just the darn freeze ups for me. Also, if you have cell coverage, you are golden…you don’t need internet. Another reason why I stopped using the tablet. I am in Vermont, which can feel a little 3rd world about cell coverage in many areas and wifi hotspots necessary for the tablet.

Jeff, half way through the inspection click back a few times to exit the app. That frees up memory which is required on some phones. Re-enter to automatically pick up where you left off at full speed. The whole process takes about 10 seconds. We have a large group beta testing a new version that greatly reduced memory consumption and worked around limitations that certain devices had. It’ll be pushed to everyone soon.

I have been using 3D for a few weeks now. It beats AHIT that’s for sure!

Tomorrow I’m going to try the 3d phone app on my inspections. I’ve been practicing this weekend. It is so simple to use. I will be taking/inserting pictures as I need to for the report. I will probably also take pictures with my digital camera just in case for now.

I will be able to insert as many pictures as needed.

I have the Samsung S3 and I’m thinking about getting the new Samsung Droid camera.

If all goes well my inspection time will be a little shorter and my work time at home after will be greatly reduced.

ISN has also helped to streamline my time and is well worth the money.

Picked up a 7" Samsung and started using it today. Started HIP Mobile on my phone last week and the Samsung is WAY better!

HIP+Ipad mini=EFFICIENCY !!