Historical perspective of attic ventilation

I was researching some issues on attic ventilation and came across this interesting historical perspective on attic ventilation. Enjoy!

http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/presentations/Roof_and_Attic_Ventilation_Issues_in_Hot-Humid_Climates.pdf#search=%22%22cathedral%20ceilings%22%20%26%20%22attic%20ventilation%22%22

I’ve read that before, it is interesting.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Emmanuel, very interesting topic.

My question to this regard would be when did the Products come to life in this History Era? I guess what I am saying is that I remember working with my Father when walls had no insulation, walls had paper insulation, insulation was kraft faced on both sides and only about two inches thick, and some walls had wood shavings that were bailed and dried for walls and attics. Discovered way back then that in the walls it would shrink due to settlement and worked better in the attic. Usually it was about 18" thick and actually once in awhile would fall a sleep in it. ha. ha. Ventilation did not seem to be a problem, because most of the cedar shakes or shingles were on skip sheathing. You could almost see daylight through the gable ends in the attic.

Has anyone ever done a History check or Event train of Product use in History?

Just curious.

Marcel :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>