Historical Slippage

I was asked if I know how to find historical slippage. Is this a term used for a physical condition? this is connected to a inspection on a foundation footer.
Slippage is a term connected to trading. Is there another meaning used in building?

I’ve been around engineers and construction for over 30 yrs and have never heard such a term. HTH